• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who do you want to start on Sunday at QB?

Jeremy Igo

It would be a good chance to see what Grier looks like in Brady's system. PJ has an exciting arm, it just doesn't look like he is an NFL caliber QB. Either way, if Teddy needs to sit we are probably better off in the long run, sad as that is.

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Will deserves a fair shot with a competent coaching staff. 

There is something to this.  People do not seem to comprehend the term, "developmental."  A late third round QB is not going to set the world on fire as a rookie--they don't exist.  So we need to stop trashing late rounders because they struggled as rookies.

I would like to see Grier just to see if he as progressed. If not we need to move on. PJ is basically what he is. We kinda know what he will bring just like Bridgewater. Either way next season we must get better at OT and G. How many QBs are we going to crush till we invest in skill positions. Moton most definitely should be retained but after that we need to invest heavily in every other position. 

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

There is something to this.  People do not seem to comprehend the term, "developmental."  A late third round QB is not going to set the world on fire as a rookie--they don't exist.  So we need to stop trashing late rounders because they struggled as rookies.

I don't think anyone was setting the bar for him to be Russell Wilson out the gate.....

but even Garnder Menshew was drafted in the 6th round of the same draft and looked like Steve Young in comparison to Will Grier.  

I would hope they decided who was starting days ago if Teddy can’t go to get them reps otherwise you are just giving them a disadvantage going into Sunday. For me, I’d like to see Grier. I don’t believe in PJ. He played under Rhule in college and his numbers were pretty terrible. He wasn’t a guy who cared about completing passes. Will Grier at least makes me think the clock will keep moving and we can get through Sunday faster. 

3 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

will grier didn't look like he could physically complete the route tree last season

Yea honestly he did not look like he could complete a pass. I know he was a rookie and the coaching staff was wiping their butts at that point last year, but at the very least he needs to show some base level of competency and he did not do that at all

Archived