• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CMC has A/C joint separation in shoulder

JABANOG

7 hours ago, pantherj said:

Omfg. Shut him down. Samuel L. Jackson had that injury and now his shoulder is deformed. Also that must be incredibly painful and likely to re-injure if you hurry back.

My wife has a grade 2 AC separation like 6 years ago. It still bothers her sometimes and there is a minor deformity in her shoulder now where the injury occurred. It was very painful when it happened. 

40 minutes ago, Snake said:

It's not bad luck it's poor GM decisions. Mostly by Hurndog. CMC should have been traded this year after a record year. We would have gotten good compensation.

That wasn't Hurndog's call...he doesn't have that kind of authority.

That decision was made collectively between Tepper, Rhule & The Hurn.

8 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

That wasn't Hurndog's call...he doesn't have that kind of authority.

That decision was made collectively between Tepper, Rhule & The Hurn.

It was made before Rhule was here and Hurney hired Rhule but doesn't have the "authority" To sign a player. Get out of here with the Hurney apologist junk. 

I am so happy none of you are GMs.  You would trade away every good player we have because we have to pay them.

A normal RB, I would agree it was too much but CMC isn't a normal RB.  He's had a tough year but no way was it Rivera's fault, CMCs fault or Rhule's fault for bringing him back after the high ankle sprain.  It's just bad luck for CMC this season.

If this information is true.  I would shut him down and let it completely heal.  Hopefully, he can recover well enough to come back next season 100%.

Teddy needs to sit this one out.  Let that knee fully heal.  We're not in the playoff race anymore so let's give PJ or Grier a chance to play. 

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I am so happy none of you are GMs.  You would trade away every good player we have because we have to pay them.

A normal RB, I would agree it was too much but CMC isn't a normal RB.  He's had a tough year but no way was it Rivera's fault, CMCs fault or Rhule's fault for bringing him back after the high ankle sprain.  It's just bad luck for CMC this season.

If this information is true.  I would shut him down and let it completely heal.  Hopefully, he can recover well enough to come back next season 100%.

Teddy needs to sit this one out.  Let that knee fully heal.  We're not in the playoff race anymore so let's give PJ or Grier a chance to play. 

No way this is Rivera's fault?   Cmac had 729 touches the past 2 seasons for a whooping 13 wins.  If thats not on RR then I dont know what is.  I will say it for the final time.  Running him into the ground last season for a dumb record during a 6 win season and then turning around to pay him record breaking money while he had 2 years left on his deal may be the dumbest move this franchise has ever done.  (Outside of Sean Gilbert of course)

Stevie Wonder could have seen an injury filled season coming this year for cmac.

3 hours ago, Snake said:

It was made before Rhule was here and Hurney hired Rhule but doesn't have the "authority" To sign a player. Get out of here with the Hurney apologist junk. 

The CMC extension came more than 3 months after the Rhule hiring.  Of course it was a collective decision between at least the GM, head coach, and owner...that shouldn't be a contentious statement.  You think Tepper gives Hurney unilateral authority to spend tens of millions of dollars from his pocket?  Maybe for small fish signings, but not for a $64 million extension.  Obviously Hurney, Rhule, and Tepper would have come together to decide if CMC is in their long-term plans.

But if common sense isn't enough, here's a quote from a Sports Illustrated article about Rhule's input on the CMC extension:

Rhule explained that he met with key personnel on the team - that included his offensive coordinator Joe Brady and running backs coach Jeff Nixon - who all did extensive research prior to extending McCaffrey. Ultimately, they all agreed that he was not a “traditional running back” and his versatile impact on the field would be aligned with the money he’d receive in the new deal.

https://www.si.com/nfl/panthers/news/matt-rhule-explains-why-christian-mccaffrey-is-worth-the-money

And if you think oh that's just coachspeak and Rhule sugarcoating an extension that he wasn't happy about and wasn't on board with, here's an excerpt from another article before the CMC extension:

In a recent team interview, head coach Matt Rhule said what we all know that McCaffrey is exactly what the Panthers need in the long-term. Here is what Rhule said in an article written by Myles Simmons and Zach Goins of Panthers.com:

“I think Christian McCaffrey is a centerpiece player that you can build around,” Rhule said. “And I think he really builds to the culture that you want to have within the building.”

https://catcrave.com/2020/04/10/matt-rhule-endorsement-christian-mccaffrey-contract/

15 hours ago, Snake said:

Tepper & Hurney hired Rhule.

Tepper & Hurney & Rhule made CMC decision together.

Tepper always retained final decision making authority. 

That's just how it works in Tepper's world.

PS...not making any apology for Hurney.  I'm as surprised as anyone he has stuck in Tepper's organization but folks need to understand he does not have traditional "GM" powers like a John Lynch or Brandon Beane for example.  Has the title, not the power.

3 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

You're correct, the deal was cut before Rhule got here -- my bad.

Tepper & Hurney made both those decisions together and Tepper had final say.

That's just how it works in Tepper's world.

PS...not making any apology for Hurney.  I'm as surprised as anyone he has stuck in Tepper's organization but folks need to understand he does not have traditional "GM" powers like a John Lynch or Brandon Beane for example.  Has the title, not the power.

A) You have no idea about this. That is pure speculation

B)Giving out dumb big contracts to RB's is kindof what Marty is known for

31 minutes ago, TreadmillTrackstar said:

I didnt know that actually. How did it happen to Samuel L.? 

He was making a movie, 'Big Game', and he was standing on top of a freezer that was 7 feet in the air. There was a stuntman on the freezer as well, and when the stuntman jumped off Samuel slipped and fell on his shoulder.

Archived