• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking like McCaffrey will play this weekend

Mr. Scot

18 minutes ago, TikTOK said:

Exactly. What franchise QB? None. Should’ve tank with Kyle Allen.

If you want to tank you start Grier. Allen was better than Grier and took part in winning some games. Grier could barely muster a FG drive a game. He was our Adam Gase.

13 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

In the NFC CG and SB, Foles combined to go 54/76 (71%) for 725 yards (9.5ypa and 13.4ypc) and 6 TDs vs. 1 INT.  Does anyone alive actually think that Teddy is capable of that level of play? Teddy has never had back to back 300 yard games. Teddy has never had back to back games when he combined for 6 TD passes. Teddy has never had back to back games that would combine for 9+ypa.

People talk about what Foles did with Philly during that run, but Teddy can't do that.

The only one of those claims that is factually accurate is the combined 6 TD passes.  He combined for 6 TDs overall in back-to-back games once, but sure, it wasn't technically "passes" so I'll give you 1 out of 3.

I'm sure most people thought Foles wasn't capable of putting up those numbers, until he did.

Teddy had a string of back-to-back games when he combined to go 42/56 (75%) for 566 yards (9.31 ypa and 11.55 ypa) and 6 TDs (1 rushing) vs. 0 INT.  Are you saying you can't possibly wrap your mind around how he could go from that, to the stats you just posted?  The only thing significantly worse is the yardage, but that's off of 20 less passes.

I've really soured on Teddy at this point and I'd prefer we play Walker to finish out the season strictly for the sake of entertainment value (not that I think he necessarily gives us the best chance to win).  I just find it weird (but entirely unsurprising) that certain people feel the need to engage in hyperbole and blatant falsehoods when criticizing Teddy as if there aren't enough criticisms based in fact.  

5 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

The only one of those claims that is factually accurate is the combined 6 TD passes.  He combined for 6 TDs overall in back-to-back games once, but sure, it wasn't technically "passes" so I'll give you 1 out of 3.

I'm sure most people thought Foles wasn't capable of putting up those numbers, until he did.

Teddy had a string of back-to-back games when he combined to go 42/56 (75%) for 566 yards (9.31 ypa and 11.55 ypa) and 6 TDs (1 rushing) vs. 0 INT.  Are you saying you can't possibly wrap your mind around how he could go from that, to the stats you just posted?  The only thing significantly worse is the yardage, but that's off of 20 less passes.

I've really soured on Teddy at this point and I'd prefer we play Walker to finish out the season strictly for the sake of entertainment value (not that I think he necessarily gives us the best chance to win).  I just find it weird (but entirely unsurprising) that certain people feel the need to engage in hyperbole and blatant falsehoods when criticizing Teddy as if there aren't enough criticisms based in fact.  

Yes. That's what I'm saying. Teddy isn't capable of the level of play Foles displayed on the biggest stages against the best competition. You know, since he's never done it period.

47 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yes. That's what I'm saying. Teddy isn't capable of the level of play Foles displayed on the biggest stages against the best competition. You know, since he's never done it period.

Gotcha...so your argument is that you're not capable of something if you've never done it before.  Pretty weird considering your own example was of a guy who had never done it period until he did it on the biggest stages against the best competition....?

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

Gotcha...so your argument is that you're not capable of something if you've never done it before.  Pretty weird considering your own example was of a guy who had never done it period until he did it on the biggest stages against the best competition....?

My argument is that you can never do something you've never done before AND that you've never shown the traits to do before. Foles lacks mobility and has spotty decision making, but he does have a great arm and he can get in the groove and play really well in spots with the ability to make all the throws. Teddy just can't do that. Sorry. All the mental gymanstics in the world isn't going to bestow Teddy with better physical talent.

11 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

Panthers RB Christian McCaffrey was on target to return from a shoulder injury, but a quad injury he tweaked last year and that tightened up today in practice throws a tad of question into his status for the Broncos.

Enough already. It's IR time. Don't tempt fate. Everything is screaming to not play this guy again this year. He's not in football shape from missing all this time.

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Enough already. It's IR time. Don't tempt fate. Everything is screaming to not play this guy again this year. He's not in football shape from missing all this time.

Head coach playing a guy that should be on injured reserve?

Bad memories :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

58 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Remember how we signed him to this huge contract with two years left on a rookie deal? Remember that it was after we ran the motherfuging wheels off of him for a season? 

I do.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Remember how we signed him to this huge contract with two years left on a rookie deal? Remember that it was after we ran the motherfuging wheels off of him for a season? 

I do.

Unless he was threatening behind the scenes to hold out (which admittedly is very possible), it was very dumb timing and plenty of us pointed this out at the time. Imagine how much leverage we'd have in those negotiations following this season. CMC would probably be the one wanting to hold out on re-signing right now to prove he could bounce back and have another huge year again next season 

Archived