• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Zach Wilson becoming the consensus Huddle pick?

Jeremy Igo

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm in favor of building the offense, although defenses are still very important.

My thing though is if we wait on the opportunity to get an Aaron Rodgers / Patrick Mahomes style quarterback, we might be waiting a while.

I'm okay with taking the best quarterback available in the current draft and building around him. Yeah, he'll have flaws, but most of them do.

I'm fine taking the QB this year...if he's the right one.  I don't want to try to cram a square peg in a round hole because we panicked...I'd much rather have an elite LT vs. an average to above average QB.

I do think that Darnold could be an option on a Tannehill type tryout contract.

3 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I'm fine taking the QB this year...if he's the right one.  I don't want to try to cram a square peg in a round hole because we panicked...I'd much rather have an elite LT vs. an average to above average QB.

You know fans would riot though...

If we have any shot at QB outside of moving up, which I 100% doubt we will entertain, then it's Lance and Wilson. TBH, I think after the combine, Lance moves into the top-5. 

Wilson is the best of the rest and I think he will be a very good starting QB. Could he be elite... sure. Could he be mediocre...sure. 

If it comes down to QB4 or LB1 or CB1 or CB2 when we pick, that is an interesting conversation. If Wilson can be a Mahomes/Brees/Wilson kind of QB, then you take him. I fully believe Parsons is Luke Kuechly 2.0 and that's hard to pass up too.

Can you imagine a younger Kuechly with Chinn by his side.... oh yeah, we had that with Davis and Luke, and our D was spectacular. 

This is why we need a highly competent GM to make these very decisions.

42 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

lol who didn't know these kinds of comments were coming at the exact moment we signed Bridgewater

Half measures don't get you out of team purgatory

42 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

If we bypass QB in this draft, I would 110% be behind a Darnold trade depending on what the ask is.

He will turn 24 this summer and has been in one of the worst organizational sh!tshows that I've seen in a looong time. 

- 1 year with a defensive coach in Bowles that was on the way out with a horribly ill-prepared Jeremy Bates as his OC in his rookie year. 

- Years 2 and 3 with the supposed "QB whisperer" Adam Gase that has proven ridiculously overstated. Gase is trash and Dowell Loggans as his current OC is even farther down the barrel of garbage coordinators. 

- A swiss-cheese OL and the best weapon he had at WR while there is our current #11.... which the NYJ thought their young QB didn't need. 

He has his warts for sure and his confidence is shook big time. Bring him in under Teddy's wing and this culture and I think we would have a very good QB by 2022, at the ripe age of 25.  

1 hour ago, Soul Rebel said:

If we bypass QB in this draft, I would 110% be behind a Darnold trade depending on what the ask is.

He will turn 24 this summer and has been in one of the worst organizational sh!tshows that I've seen in a looong time. 

- 1 year with a defensive coach in Bowles that was on the way out with a horribly ill-prepared Jeremy Bates as his OC in his rookie year. 

- Years 2 and 3 with the supposed "QB whisperer" Adam Gase that has proven ridiculously overstated. Gase is trash and Dowell Loggans as his current OC is even farther down the barrel of garbage coordinators. 

- A swiss-cheese OL and the best weapon he had at WR while there is our current #11.... which the NYJ thought their young QB didn't need. 

He has his warts for sure and his confidence is shook big time. Bring him in under Teddy's wing and this culture and I think we would have a very good QB by 2022, at the ripe age of 25.  

Don't really want to have to trade for him to try him out, but it could be worth a flyer.  I liked him a LOT coming out, hated that he went to the Jets.

Archived