• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers outbreak linked to "gathering of players outside of team facility"

Jeremy Igo

I'll be called irresponsible and whatnot over this, but whatever.  I regularly hang out with my friends, and we frequently go out to eat and have some drinks. I frequently take clients out for meals as well.  Now I had Covid months and months ago, very mild case, but none of my friends have had it, and very few of their circles have had it.  Many of them have even had antibody tests for the hell of it to see if they had already had it, and they haven't.  I've got a colleague whose wife got it and knows for certain she directly exposed at least 8 people, himself included, and not a single one of those 8 people have tested positive.

I guess what I'm saying is, how the heck is it possible that these athletes are getting covid left and right from even the smallest of interactions in an uncontrolled environment when the vast majority of the population is participating in similar activities and not getting it?  Just weird to me.

4 hours ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Hopefully we have to forfeit the game Sunday. The more losses the better. Winning is pointless this late in the season. 

I hope we win, if nothing else but shut all the tanking talk. And then after all the bitching and complaining about poor draft position we end getting some great picks like we did with Brown and Chinn. Again.....

21 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

I hope we win, if nothing else but shut all the tanking talk. And then after all the bitching and complaining about poor draft position we end getting some great picks like we did with Brown and Chinn. Again.....

Brown was the 7th pick int he Draft. WTF is this? LOL. We want a new QB dude. That's why we need to lose out. Your rational would make sense if we didn't need a QB. Thus, it's pretty stupid to think that way. 

4 hours ago, JJman Returns said:

Lol, look at y’all ready to crucify these guys for being close to each other during a “pandemic” , but every thing is fine when they’re tackling and sweating on each other during a football game, as long as it’s for your entertainment. Hypocrites. 

Welcome to America. It's only a problem if it directly effects people's comfort. If they can't watch their game on Sunday shame on them they should be fined.

People still have lives. People still want to be around their friends and family. Could they use more common sense sure, but it's not our place to cast judgement.

57 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Brown was the 7th pick int he Draft. WTF is this? LOL. We want a new QB dude. That's why we need to lose out. Your rational would make sense if we didn't need a QB. Thus, it's pretty stupid to think that way. 

The point was everyone complained that 7 was too high to get a great player  last year. We can find good players and QBs up and down the draft and some of these supposed can't miss QBs will flame out like they always do. Your rationale might make sense if you could only find a franchise QB in the top 10 picks but we know that isn't true at all. So actually you are the one who is being stupid.

37 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

The point was everyone complained that 7 was too high to get a great player  last year. We can find good players and QBs up and down the draft and some of these supposed can't miss QBs will flame out like they always do. Your rationale might make sense if you could only find a franchise QB in the top 10 picks but we know that isn't true at all. So actually you are the one who is being stupid.

I agree.  Everyone wants to bank on us getting one of those top 4 QBs.  Outside of Lawrence I don't think any of the others are 100% sure fire Franchise QBs. 

Many QBs from the latter rounds have gone on to great careers.  I'm not a scout but I'd be interested in knowing what 2nd Tier QBs that might be an interesting pick in round 2 or 3.  To me they just need to have all the tools to play at this level.  There could be a QB who is playing on a bad team but has the tools to be an NFL QB.  

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

I would rather be safe than sorry regarding a QB. Especially Wilson. 

6 hours ago, JJman Returns said:

Lol, look at y’all ready to crucify these guys for being close to each other during a “pandemic” , but every thing is fine when they’re tackling and sweating on each other during a football game, as long as it’s for your entertainment. Hypocrites. 

Exactly dumbasses on here never amaze me . imagine getting mad at players for catching the same disease no one in the world can control even if you don’t go out as much . Talk about privileged 

1 hour ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

I would rather be safe than sorry regarding a QB. Especially Wilson. 

Fine but stop the constant tanking talk when it isn't the way football is played and won't assure a necessarily better pick if we go later. We picked up Chinn in the second while many thought we should have picked Simmons in the first. Another example where the earlier picked player isn't necessarily better.

55 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Fine but stop the constant tanking talk when it isn't the way football is played and won't assure a necessarily better pick if we go later. We picked up Chinn in the second while many thought we should have picked Simmons in the first. Another example where the earlier picked player isn't necessarily better.

I don't care. Tank it up baby! Tank! Tank! Tank! Especially for a QB.

ee4f6744f579bd9cbc25267ab3ed6d4e.gif

Archived