• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cyberpunk 2077

SOJA

I hate to be this guy, but the game is literally unplayable. I created my character and the game crashed. Now it won't even boot from steam. It loads the CD Project Red title then crashes everytime. 

Really excited for this game and I love CD but this is bad. 

Yeah, I was going to mention that Nvidia released an update a few hours before the game went live. I did a clean install and haven't had the major bugs I've been hearing about. 

I will say that lowering cascading shadow resolution will probably help stabilize your framerate if you've had any issues. 

• Pie 1

21 hours ago, Chimera said:

The only problem I've experienced is getting the scanning HUD stuck, resulting in the need to restart the game about once per hour. 

This happened to me once, and it was confusing AF because it was in the tutorial for teaching you brandance lol.   Past that, it's just been little bugs, nothing game breaking.    Kind of reminds me of the stuff Besthesda has in their games with odd enemy death ragdolls and stuff not "clickable".    They'll get it fixed, like Witcher 3, but this game probably could have used another quarter before release.    I heard the console version is really bad.    I'm playing the game on a 1060 gtx 6gb and it's actually playing pretty well on high/ultra 1080p so that is kind of impressive.    I tend to give open world games a bit more leeway when it comes to bugs just because of the nature of a billion variables.   AI is a little lackluster at times too.    

I think people expected a bit too much from the game but with all the years and all the hype that was bound to happen.    I'm still early on with it though, taking my time doing side missions and whatnot so I don't eat through story too fast.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, Panther'sBigD said:

So no one's had the glitch where your character's dick hangs out of their pants?

https://www.polygon.com/2020/12/10/22167349/cyberpunk-2077-penis-glitch-breasts

OMG, this is probably the best part of this game launch time!  I'd love to sit down and play it, but I don't have the time or system requirements.

This is the best glitch ever.  Floppy ding dongs for everyone!

• Pie 1

23 hours ago, d-dave said:

OMG, this is probably the best part of this game launch time!  I'd love to sit down and play it, but I don't have the time or system requirements.

This is the best glitch ever.  Floppy ding dongs for everyone!

I knew the moment they said they were adding moddable visible privates this was going to happen.

Was crashing after character creation but after updating my graphic drivers I haven't had a crash since. It's running surprisingly well on my Vega 64 at 1440p Ultra/High settings. I've only had one bug that required a restart and it was just camera related so I was able to quick save and load right where I was. Other than that I've seen the mirror bug with hats making you look bald and occasionally objects NPCs are holding will leave ghost images around. Really enjoying the game and it's getting better as I get access to the really fun goodies.

• Pie 1

Yeah it plays really well on my 1060, oddly.

My biggest issue so far is the driving.   The driving is TERRIBLE.   I can't remember a worse driving experience in a game, not recently at least.   It's like they spent an hour on it lol.    The game needed another 6 months or more to really reach full potential.    Liking it though.

• Pie 1

I think CDPR bit off more than they could chew with this game.  For me, I think I'll sit out for a bit until the performance issues sort themselves out.  Digital Foundry has some really great breakdowns on the performance of the game on PC and consoles.  Surprisingly, the Xbox Series S at 30fps has one of the most solid visual presentations because of the lower resolution.

Goes to show that the new consoles don't have the GPU guts we thought they did.  Forget 8k gaming...  The PS5 and Series X struggle with 1440p and above in a lot of games.  Yay for dynamic resolution scaling!

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, d-dave said:

I think CDPR bit off more than they could chew with this game.  For me, I think I'll sit out for a bit until the performance issues sort themselves out.

The game could have easily gotta another quarter at least of polishing but then the public whines even more. I for one will be waiting at least that long to let them sort out the issues and continue the polish.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

The game could have easily gotta another quarter at least of polishing but then the public whines even more. I for one will be waiting at least that long to let them sort out the issues and continue the polish.

Yep, that's what I'm doing.  I waited a good long while for Witcher 3 (actually, the game of the year version lol) before I bought it.  Not sure I'll wait quite that long on Cyberpunk, but I'm going to give it plenty of time to work!

• Pie 1