• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

did hurney torpedo himself with teddy bridgewater?

PhillyB

Just now, thefuzz said:

Dumb if attempting to do that with a RB.  I think it was a way to keep fans somewhat sold on the team....stupidly.

Generational RB's get bank, I know a lot of people are forgetting just how good CMC is because he didn't play this season. Mostly due to the coaching staff in fact. I'm sure if we were an actual contender team CMC would play through those injuries. But he's going to be worth every penny we spent on him IF this coaching staff can get their poo together.

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Generational RB's get bank, I know a lot of people are forgetting just how good CMC is because he didn't play this season. Mostly due to the coaching staff in fact. I'm sure if we were an actual contender team CMC would play through those injuries. But he's going to be worth every penny we spent on him IF this coaching staff can get their poo together.

I'm not arguing the amount, I'm arguing the timing.  It wasn't smart.

4 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I'm not arguing the amount, I'm arguing the timing.  It wasn't smart.

Ya it was from a team standpoint. It was pre-ratifacation of the new CBA. They didn't know if they would have had to shell out 25 mil for him a year in two years cause that's where it was heading before COVID.

12 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Ya it was from a team standpoint. It was pre-ratifacation of the new CBA. They didn't know if they would have had to shell out 25 mil for him a year in two years cause that's where it was heading before COVID.

Disagree, but to each their own.

31 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

The person who was most concerned with winning this season, the one without a seven year deal, was the one who wanted Teddy

assuming you are not talking about tepper, who seems to be playing a long game, this is wonderful news when combined with an apparent gulf between hurney and rhule.

4 hours ago, PhillyB said:

very curious about the timing here. tepper's comments about having differences in approach - marty with a "traditional" approach and tepper more data-driven - make me wonder if bridgewater himself wasn't a fulcrum for hurney's future one way or another.

could data analytics have suggested bridgewater was going to be forgettable? plenty here will tell you so.

could hurney have chosen teddy as his hill to die on, betting the house on his approach and failing spectacularly?

a mid-season firing like this, as well as tepper's comments, suggest some kind of flash point. i can't help but think that flash point was teddy.

I wonder if part of the decision was TB still at the helm.  I know some GMs (especially traditional GMs) will insist that the player they are paying 20 million per season needs to play if healthy.  I think many of us would like to see PJ Walker take some snaps.  Was Hurney insisting to Rhule that TB needs to start?  Or was it Rhule's decision?

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Now that's interesting.

Not really.  Teddy's signing always seemed to be a Hurney desperation move to me.  This whole off-season seemed to be all Hurney, except for most of the draft which was not a typical Hurney draft.  But it's early so most could turn out to be another Hurney stinker.

Archived