• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers will try to Trevor. Big time.

Jeremy Igo

6 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I expect the Panthers to do everything they possibly can to trade up and land Trevor Lawrence.

Tepper is a long term thinker and landing the best college qb prospect in a decade is the very definition of long term thinking.

Moreover, having a Carolina kid lead this team with such built in fan support is an immediate and substantial cash cow. Can you imagine the mania and jersey sales? My word. 

I feel Trevor is plan a,b, and c for these reasons.

Yes, guys will pop up injured who weren't. Ow.

I get what ur throwing. Problems is like some have said, other teams made the decision to Trevor long ago. Now is the wrong timing, thus my saying that this leadership is flailing at reaching said or desired goals.

The price for Trevor will be very high. We can have Trask grow his ginger locks for you guys. His stats right now are the best in college football. Just the specimen Trevor is. Playing at an elite level the past two years. C'mon guys. He beasted into the end zone to show you guys his Camness.

I'll take Fields or Wilson + 2 high 1st OL over Trevor without those OL. That's really the question you're asking when talking about trading multiple picks - you think your QB is so good he can either operate without an NFL-quality OL or can overcome a talentless defense. 

Joe Burrow says hi. 

25 minutes ago, bigthama said:

I'll take Fields or Wilson + 2 high 1st OL over Trevor without those OL. That's really the question you're asking when talking about trading multiple picks - you think your QB is so good he can either operate without an NFL-quality OL or can overcome a talentless defense. 

Joe Burrow says hi. 

We won’t get Wilson he’s going #2

1 hour ago, joemac said:

We challenge for the playoffs this year with a great QB. I can think off the top of my head 4 or 5 games that we should have won with someone not completely frightened behind center. We’re much closer than some here think. I honestly think this is a 30 PPG offense right now with Lawrence at QB.

Every team challenges for the Playoffs with a great QB (except the Lions who are just cursed).

7 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I expect the Panthers to do everything they possibly can to trade up and land Trevor Lawrence.

Tepper is a long term thinker and landing the best college qb prospect in a decade is the very definition of long term thinking.

Moreover, having a Carolina kid lead this team with such built in fan support is an immediate and substantial cash cow. Can you imagine the mania and jersey sales? My word. 

I feel Trevor is plan a,b, and c for these reasons.

Yeah good luck with that, both the Jags and Jets have bigger QB need than we do

7 hours ago, jamos14 said:

Trevor Lawrence :"Just to have that chance, obviously some places it will be more of a challenge than others, but I think I'm up for it."

I don't think that is happening.

This is PC speak. If we are at 3 we’re in a great position. 

The Jets could opt to continue to build around Darnold at 2. The Jags could be the “feeling” that Lawrence has no desire to play for them and go hard for Fields. They anticipate they could get him at 3 if the Jets are keeping Darnold. That opens up the top pick for trade. 

Building around Fields with multiple first round selections could be seen as just as good as landing Lawrence in their current state.

Lawrence could look at Charlotte as the perfect landing spot. Good young coach with a long term contract, one of the richest owners in all of sports, franchise changing RB/WR in the backfield. 

TL and Tepper could make it happen....

Archived