• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'd give Haskins a look this offseason.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, t96 said:

Grier doesn't cause issues with the locker room. I don't want either of them, but if I have to choose I'd take Grier.

A humbled third stringer doesn't come with much clout to cause any locker room problems. If he acts up you cut him. Low risk, high reward.

18 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

15th pick of the 2019 draft, 23 years old, and no one would give him a shot as a third string? 

IDGAF, I would.

By that logic we should also be looking at Rosen, mariota, jameis, trubisky and darnold. Might as well take on wentz contract while we are at it. 

If you are looking for a backup quarterback there are less risky options with just as high ceilings at this stage. 

28 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Yeah yeah, I know, he looked horrible. But he had no decent coaching. It's not like the Rivera regime were churning out good QBs. In fact, they are horrid at handling QBs.

I'd at least take a long look at him and a discussion or two.

Scott Turner is bad but the every [Redacted] Fan I've seen has said it's amazing how much more functional the offense looks with any other QB not named Haskins. 

He is not a solution. Maybe he'll mature, but we'd be better kicking the tires on Teddy, Darnold, or even Carr if we're going with a retread.

So far he's looked like Winston without the armstrength. 

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

A humbled third stringer doesn't come with much clout to cause any locker room problems. If he acts up you cut him. Low risk, high reward.

He has done nothing to show he's been Humbled. He was "humbled" when Ron benched him earlier. And then partied during a pandemic after a loss like he's Gronk. 

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I just disagree on the high reward part. When has a QB that has looked as bad as he has in that number of starts ever turned things around? 

Haskins, nope, never showed anything in the NFL.  Now Darnold, I'd take a good long look at.  Todd Bowles and Adam gase are 2 of the worst head coaches in recent memory and that absolutely could be the thing actually holding him back.  Remember, Robby Anderson was let go by them showing that they have no clue what the actual fug that they are doing up there.

Archived