• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Draft Network Mock Draft(Panthers Trade up to 3)

kungfoodude

8 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Brutal.

Guess they haven't looked at the rest of the roster if they think we can afford to give up that much Draft capital. 

That really just depends on if you really think he is "The Guy." To get a franchise QB, that is an extremely small price to pay. 

To get a JAG, that is the kind of trade up that will put your new GM on the hot seat.

19 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

100% disagree. There are going to be a lot of teams gunning for that pick and a future 1st will be a bare minimum. 

Denver, San Francisco, New England, Detroit, Washington, Chicago are all candidates to trade up, IMO. There are so many QB needy teams and this is a very, very valuable draft to snag a QB. 

No way do we give up multiple draft picks for a guy like Wilson who isnt a slam dunk. Truth is we are just as likely to find a franchise guy at 8 as we are at 5 or lower. There is no need to panic and give up the farm when many of these top guys are similar in ability. I want the guy who can best run our system and will be there at 8. All of the tankers who seem in panic mode might think trading up is a good decision but countless drafts suggest that it is not smart given the number of QBs this year with similar grades and skill.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

No way do we give up multiple draft picks for a guy like Wilson who isnt a slam dunk. Truth is we are just as likely to find a franchise guy at 8 as we are at 5 or lower. There is no need to panic and give up the farm when many of these top guys are similar in ability. I want the guy who can best run our system and will be there at 8. All of the tankers who seem in panic mode might think trading up is a good decision but countless drafts suggest that it is not smart given the number of QBs this year with similar grades and skill.

I have no idea what we are going to do. It is way too early in the process to know. I think it is possible we trade up for a QB depending on the situation. We will be looking at a new GM and also we have no idea how the evaluation of this QB class will play out. 

I definitely don't think it is impossible we trade up for a QB and Miami is an interesting choice they made because they are one of those teams that isn't going to draft a QB.

Imagine if he was a bust in that trade up , sweet Jesus .

If he's good though that trade would be more than worth it, the only thing in that deal that is a gut punch is giving up  next year's first . 

Alot of people will say it's not worth it to make a move like that unless it's for Fields or Lawrence. Only time will tell in the end.

The best situation to hope for is a 2017 ish draft where a couple of good qbs fall (mahomes and watson fell to 10 and 12 that year ).  

Jags will get Lawrence but pretty much every other team in front of us doesn't NEED a QB. Especially Atlanta and Detroit . With the only wild card being the change in their staffs making them want to get a young qb to groom

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I have no idea what we are going to do. It is way too early in the process to know. I think it is possible we trade up for a QB depending on the situation. We will be looking at a new GM and also we have no idea how the evaluation of this QB class will play out. 

I definitely don't think it is impossible we trade up for a QB and Miami is an interesting choice they made because they are one of those teams that isn't going to draft a QB.

Given that Rhule will run the draft and wanted to trade back for more picks last year, I doubt he will go the opposite way this time unless he feels strongly about one guy over the rest.

1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Given that Rhule will run the draft and wanted to trade back for more picks lady year, I doubt he will go the opposite way this time unless he feels strongly about one guy over the rest.

That is an awful lot of definitive statements based on zero information. 

3 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Imagine if he was a bust in that trade up , sweet Jesus .

If he's good though that trade would be more than worth it, the only thing in that deal that is a gut punch is giving up  next year's first . 

Alot of people will say it's not worth it to make a move like that unless it's for Fields or Lawrence. Only time will tell in the end.

100%. That is the thing about making that trade up, you have to be pretty damn sure. If not.....new GM, welcome to the hot seat.

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That is an awful lot of definitive statements based on zero information. 

What is definitive about I doubt he will trade up? Or did you question he wanted to trade back last year which seems pretty well established. Or perhaps that given we don't have a GM yet and it only 3 months away from the draft that Rhule will be making the selections. 

Archived