• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our next Olsen?

JawnyBlaze

Read an article today about Zack Ertz’s comments about the eagles’ loss yesterday and it mentioned he had a very tradable contract and a down year due to injury. I know he’s a little older than Olsen was, but Ertz was once one of the elite TEs in the game and has only been in the league 7 years so he’s not THAT old. If we could get him on the cheap thanks to a down year, we should be able to get at least one good contract out of him and sure up our one skill position weak spot.  Anyone have info that would contradict this idea?

Ertz has slowed down a ton. Not sure what his contract looks like but I wouldn’t go out of my way to target him. If it’s a relatively cheap contract and cheap to acquire could be worth a shot but I wouldn’t expect much even if we did get him.

2 minutes ago, Dunn said:

If our offense continues not to value the TE as an offensive weapon aside from blocking...don't see the need to get a big name TE.

This is likely because we don't have any that are deemed worthy of being valued as an offensive weapon.

23 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Read an article today about Zack Ertz’s comments about the eagles’ loss yesterday and it mentioned he had a very tradable contract and a down year due to injury. I know he’s a little older than Olsen was, but Ertz was once one of the elite TEs in the game and has only been in the league 7 years so he’s not THAT old. If we could get him on the cheap thanks to a down year, we should be able to get at least one good contract out of him and sure up our one skill position weak spot.  Anyone have info that would contradict this idea?

If we are trading for a Philly TE, I'd take Dallas Goedert.  Really was wanting to draft him in 2018...badly.  He's still on the uptick where Ertz is winding down.

9 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

This is likely because we don't have any that are deemed worthy of being valued as an offensive weapon.

Ding ding ding. Our tight ends suck. Why would you choose them over CMC/Davis, Moore, Anderson and Samuel? We watched Ian get smashed by corners half his size preventing him from making a first down. I would avoid them at all costs as well. 

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

He’s the only one worth drafting.

He (Pitts) is the best for sure. 

I would not use a 2nd on Freiermuth or Jordan as they are projected.

However, I would use a projected 4th on Charlie Kolar. He is  6'6" 255 lbs. with a big wing span, runs good routes, has good hands, and is a willing blocker. 

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

He (Pitts) is the best for sure. 

I would not use a 2nd on Freiermuth or Jordan as they are projected.

However, I would use a projected 4th on Charlie Kolar. He is  6'6" 255 lbs. with a big wing span, runs good routes, has good hands, and is a willing blocker. 

If you want to wait until later I completely agree. I just mean rounds 1-2. 

23 minutes ago, Dunn said:

If our offense continues not to value the TE as an offensive weapon aside from blocking...don't see the need to get a big name TE.

There wasn't much to offer value from there. Honestly just a bunch of JAGs that could find bench space on another team and we wouldn't miss them. 

Ertz might be worth a flier...

Archived