• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

News on Joe Brady

Mr. Scot

Hell, are you really going to be heart broken if Brady leaves for a head coaching job? I frankly won't. You could even argue that if he's likely going to get a head coaching job within the next year or two, it might be better for it to be this year. It'll be better continuity for the rookie qb we're likely to draft, rather than force them have to learn a new offensive scheme after 1 year with a new coordinator. I'm still fine keeping Brady and seeing if he gets better with a year under his belt but damn if I wasn't underwhelmed with our playcalling. If you're impressed he can occasionally scheme open our receivers when we have possibly the 3 best collectively, you might want to aim higher. 

2 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

It does if you realize what country we live in. 

You guys realize that you you can only do a virtual interview with someone that is still working, right? Eric will get plenty of attention and will probably get hired, but my bet is it won’t happen until after KC has either been eliminated or won the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, Captain Morgan said:

they may very well feel that Brady is the guy they need for their QB, and that's pretty important.

Brady and Bieniemy would both run West Coast style systems, just with different influences. Bieniemy would be an Andy Reid influenced scheme and Brady, Sean Payton.

From what I've been reading, we may be looking at it a coaching exodus either way.

Quarterback Coach Jake Peetz and Offensive Assistant DJ Mangas have interviewed at LSU with Ed Orgeron and our speculated to be top candidates. However, it's also true that if Joe Brady leaves, he may want to take Peetz, Mangas or someone else with him to his new destination.

Either way, at least two and possibly three or more offensive assistants could need to be replaced.

As has been mentioned, Runningback Coach Jeff Nixon would be a likely replacement, though Nixon himself has been speculated as a candidate for a couple of college head coaching jobs (no update on that yet).

And we're not necessarily just talking offense. Brady might want to take a coach or two from the defensive side with him. Granted, Matt Rhule has some power to keep them, but only for lateral moves and only if he chooses to use it.

Didn't really figure on having to adjust the coaching staff this offseason, but it's possible.

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

This doesn't make sense to me...

Makes me wonder if they might be targeting him.

Damning if they don't interview Bienemy, he deserves a shot after his years as AR's understudy and I believe he will be a good HC. 

No offense to Brady, but Bienemy and Leftwich deserve a shot at being a HC before him.

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

FYI: The Chargers have asked to interview Garrett.

The Spanish family...

Again, Garrett has been an NFL player, lower level coach, OC, and a HC with success. 

I agree coaches get recycled all the time, but the usual suspects have typically had some success...Gase excluded.

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Yeah, would hate to lose him but I got a feeling he will be available again in 2 seasons if he gets a HC job somewhere 

I'm really starting to think he's gone (Peetz and Mangas too).

Just now, LegioX said:

My god the man has been in the league for just 1 season and we may already lose him? Good grief I thought he would be here atleast 2 years.

He was in the league prior to coming here (spent a couple of years on the Saints staff).

Archived