• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

News on Joe Brady

Mr. Scot

20 hours ago, mbarbour21 said:

Our offense had two receivers with over 1,000 yards, a third WR with over 1,000 yards from scrimmage, a RB with over 1,000 yards from scrimmage, and that’s with our best offensive weapon in CMC out. Plus, that’s with Bridgewater at QB. Bridgewater had a good amount of turnovers in the red zone. I’m not saying they should eye him for Head Coach, but I can see why someone may be intrigued.

Our offense was 24th in scoring, 21 in yards, and 28th in red zone percentage. The individual stats mean nothing.

2 hours ago, KillerKat said:

I'm not emotionally attached to Brady and don't care if he goes somewhere else. He hasn't really impressed me and has some dumb play calls and/or drives every game so It's whatever for me.

Honestly I think Chudzinski was more of an offensive "genius" than Brady is, and we all saw how Chud's time as a head coach worked out for him.

Being reported now that Nick Caserio has taken over the head coaching search and may add some names to the list (Eric Bieniemy, I would think). The search firm that was previously running things is now excluded.

Might mean bad news for Brady on that front.

19 hours ago, Basbear said:

20 to 20 that was pure art to watch, nice to have a modern O after 20 years of run, run, pass, punt styles. I just dont see the glow that teams are seeing, he didnt even coach form the sideline until week 8 in his full year of OC. Hes a on a comet type of path. Offense main purpose is to score points, panthers did not do that. Example would you rather have 200 yards and 1 TD or 90 yards and 4 TDs?  True Teddy, but he didnt stop the team form signing him after they spent time together at the Saints. Fun Fact when the Saints traded for Teddy(near the end of training camp), It was Brady that spend the most time with Teddy getting him up to speed. They where joined at the hip and talking offense language/terms for weeks. 100% Brady could have said" Teddy is not what the 2020 panthers need". 

2 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

Our offense was 24th in scoring, 21 in yards, and 28th in red zone percentage. The individual stats mean nothing.

I totally understand both of your points. But they would not be taking Bridgewater with him. For instance: If Brady went to Houston, he would have Watson. He would not have the same problem, or at least I could see people assuming that. 

Hard for me to believe Watson would struggle in the same situations Bridgewater was in. All those INTs and wide open DJs. I doubt Trevor Lawrence, Matt Ryan, Matt Stafford, or Justin Herbert would struggle with those situations either. Sam Darnold or Justin Fields would prob be fine too. IMO

3 hours ago, MechaZain said:

Division rival interviewing our OC doesn't seem like a great thing for us regardless of the outcome 

Which is a smart move by them. It's why you sometimes see teams scouting QB prospects they anticipate division rivals drafting, even if they have no need at QB themselves 

General belief regarding the Texans at this point is that Nick Caserio has reset the coaching search back to square one with plans to run the rebooted version himself.

Word was that Caserio crony Jack Easterby liked Brady, but I don't know how reliable that was or if it actually means anything much at this point. A lot of people believe Caserio is gonna target Brian Daboll.

I get the feeling Brady might miss out on this one.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Being reported now that Nick Caserio has taken over the head coaching search and may add some names to the list (Eric Bieniemy, I would think). The search firm that was previously running things is now excluded.

Might mean bad news for Brady on that front.

Excellent decisions they made to hire those consulting firms that they proceeded to utterly ignore.

Archived