• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade our first rounder for Deshaun?

Jeremy Igo

17 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

I would trade our entire draft capital from 2021 to 2023 in a heartbeat and not think twice. And then I'd have Watson play QB and linebacker since we'd only be able to field a 34 man roster. #huddleGMs

We could make that work. Lotta JAGs out there that would take the minimum salary just to play ball. 

2 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

We could make that work. Lotta JAGs out there that would take the minimum salary just to play ball. 

So basically, you want to take him out of Houston and then build an even worse team around him?

Oy...

The formula of one superstar plus a bunch of JAGs has already been tried a couple of times. I've yet to see if it produce any championships.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

So basically, you want to take him out of Houston and then build an even worse team around him?

Oy...

The formula of one superstar plus a bunch of JAGs has already been tried a couple of times. I've yet to see if it produce any championships.

Suppose I should've added a /s at the end. 

On 1/7/2021 at 10:23 AM, trueblade said:

"Take a look at the contract. Trading him would result in a cap charge of $21.6 million. The Herschel-sized haul of draft picks that a Deshaun Watson trade would generate would more than justify it." https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/07/will-deshaun-watson-ask-for-a-trade/

But his hit next year is $15.9 million. For less than $6 million more cap hit, they could rake in a pile of draft picks for the next coach/GM to use in the rebuild effort and send a disgruntled player down the road.

Archived