• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you trade our first rounder for Deshaun?

Jeremy Igo

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

So... they were down a couple of 1st round picks? Would that be fair to say?

Huddle solution: give up all our 1st round picks!

From what we've seen so far though, Rhule seems to be able to find and develop talent regardless of where he finds it.  BOB not only traded away their picks, but also was unable to find and develop talent via late picks or FA anyway.  I don't think that would be an issue here, even if we traded picks for Watson.

4 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

From what we've seen so far though, Rhule seems to be able to find and develop talent regardless of where he finds it.  BOB not only traded away their picks, but also was unable to find and develop talent via late picks or FA anyway.  I don't think that would be an issue here, even if we traded picks for Watson.

Your margin of error is minuscule at that point

21 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

They have no first round picks right now bc of O'Brian trades and they're cap strapped, so they really have little ability  to build around Watson.  He's gonna get restless, and again, they just don't have much in the way of draft picks to build around him with that big contract...  so, they may as well hit the reset button and get a haul go start rebuilding with.

So this is exactly what the Panthers need to do? Get rid of draft picks and inherit his contract which would leave the team cash strapped with no way to build around him?

1 hour ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

i bet mccaffrey would have more value to us than to houston in this scenario. would rather give up additional picks than throw him into the deal. definitely would trade him if houston insisted on it though.

Exactly, Moore or Burns with their rookie contracts would be much more likely than CMAC.

Still don’t think it’s be a good idea though. No olineman or DBs...Watson is already playing on an empty team void of playmakers. Only difference here would be trade offs in my opinion leaving about the same result as he has in Houston and the Panthers losing picks.

16 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Then let him identify and develop a QB instead of trading all the assets he needs in order to identify and actually acquire talent.

1 hour ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

For the record, I'd give them three firsts, three seconds, and CMC without batting a fuging eye. More realistically though, they'd ask for Burns or Chinn.

And just what in the world would you have to build around Deshaun going forward? Typically, in the NFL, mega trades like this don’t result in Super Bowls. He’s for sure worth 2 first round picks and a second but at some point you have to have ammoto help the man or it’s Houston 2.0.

he did himself in by signing that deal.

Archived