• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With all of the GMs that have been interviewed

frash.exe

I think the best fit would be a nascent, younger alternative. Whoever nails it in that category and has the most to offer in other areas would be my pick. Right off the bat, Peters comes to mind, but he’s not a lock and has multiple suitors.

Our needs are different now than they were the last time we were looking for a competent GM 8 years ago. We needed somebody then who could get the team to be a contender and make tough personnel decisions while we were in cap hell. This time it should be someone who complements Rhule’s coaching style and would help him get the types of players he needs to build a winner. At the end of the day, the HC is the biggest factor in how well the results are going to be. I don’t think an older former GM such as Jerry Reese (for example) is going to be able to provide the compatibility that Rhule is going to need. Hurney was never going to do that to begin with and I’m pretty sure Tepper knew that.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

One thing: Peters doesn't actually have multiple suitors. In fact, I'm pretty sure we're the only team that even asked to interview him.

Everybody expected that Denver would given his history there, but they haven't.

Maybe because he's been targeted for awhile by Tepper and other owners don't want to spend as much as Tepper will. If he's indeed the choice. Id be certain this would be the case. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

One thing: Peters doesn't actually have multiple suitors. In fact, I'm pretty sure we're the only team that even asked to interview him.

Everybody expected that Denver would given his history there, but they haven't.

Maybe they know something...

17 minutes ago, NAS said:

Starting to think Tepper has no clue what he wants in a GM. Cast such a wide net and don’t seem to be any closer to making a decision 

Matt Rhule does.

As far as how close they are to a decision, we don't actually know. They may already have their man right now, but might wait till Monday to announce it so as not to distract from the playoffs.

29 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Maybe they know something...

On the positive side, if you believe LaCanfora league Insiders think he's bound to get the job here. And given that he and Matt Rhule have been friends for 20 years, that's not exactly a stretch.

On the negative, he grew up a 49ers fan and says that working for the team is his dream job. That could put people off.

But then, if you're not willing to move on, I bother taking the interview?

IMO There is 3 candidates that I would prefer, and that I think would be a great GM for the Carolina Panthers! My three choices would be: (1) Joe Schoen  (2) Ed Dodds (3) Adam Peters! Next after them: (4) Monti Ossenfort  (5) Jeff Ireland! These are out of the candidates that has been interviewed.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

On the positive side, if you believe LaCanfora league Insiders think he's bound to get the job here. And given that he and Matt Rhule have been friends for 20 years, that's not exactly a stretch.

On the negative, he grew up a 49ers fan and says that working for the team is his dream job. That could put people off.

But then, if you're not willing to move on, I bother taking the interview?

i also read that peters has been evaluating zach wilson since november and even went to a BYU game to scout him

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Matt Rhule does.

As far as how close they are to a decision, we don't actually know. They may already have their man right now, but might wait till Monday to announce it so as not to distract from the playoffs.

Distract from the playoffs?

Laughable.

Possibly the announcement is being delayed for some reason but "distracting from the playoffs ain't it" -- 99% of folks won't even know the new hire by name and said announcement won't be a blip on the radar anywhere!

If it were Bill Belichick that would be different...

42 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Distract from the playoffs?

Laughable.

Possibly the announcement is being delayed for some reason but "distracting from the playoffs ain't it" -- 99% of folks won't even know the new hire by name and said announcement won't be a blip on the radar anywhere!

If it were Bill Belichick that would be different...

I agree playoffs will not keep them from announcing this weekend, they don’t yet. Hell they probably be like well we don’t like any of them let bring Hurney back. Huddle would explode lol!

Archived