• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers indirectly involved in Texans GM mess

Mr. Scot

Pretty sure I've seen some legit Panthers sources say we never had any "real" interest in Caserio. Interviewed him for due diligence, but was never considered a legitimate candidate for us, but who knows what's true.

58 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

I don't get it, why couldn't we decide to interview him and give him the GM position? Are you just saying we aren't interested, or that we can't hire him for whatever reason? 

We didn't ask to interview Khan.

Given that we interviewed over a dozen other candidates, that tells me we weren't interested in him.

8 minutes ago, t96 said:

Pretty sure I've seen some legit Panthers sources say we never had any "real" interest in Caserio. Interviewed him for due diligence, but was never considered a legitimate candidate for us, but who knows what's true.

Word was we were interested in him last year, back when we also were looking at McDaniels as head coach.

But then, Tepper decided not to fire Marty and didn't even interview McDaniels, so I wouldn't bet on Caserio being a leading candidate this year.

McNair fell for a lie.

35 minutes ago, TSLA said:

So Tepper wanted Caserio and Esterby? If true, I’m about done with Tepper.

Yeah, I have a hard time believing Tepper wanted both.  I think that agent was blowing smoke up McNair’s ass and it ended up going to his brain.  

I worked for Jack briefly while I was a student at USC. I’ve said this before here, but he really is a great man and leader of men. He’s not this meddling little finger character that everyone is making him out to be. 

However, he definitely isn’t qualified to be a GM or make player personnel decisions, and he doesn’t want that responsibility. Just bad timing and situation with a dumpster fire of an organization. 

3 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

I worked for Jack briefly while I was a student at USC. I’ve said this before here, but he really is a great man and leader of men. He’s not this meddling little finger character that everyone is making him out to be. 

However, he definitely isn’t qualified to be a GM or make player personnel decisions, and he doesn’t want that responsibility. Just bad timing and situation with a dumpster fire of an organization. 

I don't necessarily fault a guy fighting for his job, but ya gotta admit the Texans are an absolute mess right now.

The guy most directly responsible for that is Cal McNair.

3 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

So who is the cause? He is said to be the main cause by every outlet and report.

Archived