• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

WandaVision - SPOILERS

Zod

Binged watched the whole thing. It was great, kinda glad I didn't go episode to episode and get super deep into all the theories. 

really thought Magneto was going to show up though and turn out to be Wanda's real father or something. 

I watched it every Friday, got sucked into the theories, but after a couple of days to stew on it; I think this is one of my favorite shows all time.  For me, it's not about continuity, action/direction, or even some gigantic theme.  

For me, the heart of the show came down to Vision and Wanda sitting on her bed (in her memories).  When Vision said "What is grief, if not love persevering?"  That has stuck to me like nothing else in a show has for years.  I lost my father a few weeks ago, and certainly that is something I'm still dealing with.  It's just one of the most beautiful sets of words that is so damn apt.  Sure, I'm emotional, and I needed that.  I also cried like a baby when he said it.

The heart of Wandavision was phenomenal.  Sure, there was a lot of mystery there early on.  Jimmy Woo and Darcie were great comic relief.  It's awesome to see Moncia gain her powers.  But I'll admit, seeing the intense and wonderful love between Wanda and Vision was deeply satisfying.  It set up for Wanda's major choices.  Then when she said good bye to her boys...Well I lost it again.

I've not had a show that made me laugh and cry this much.  Totally loved it!

• Pie 3

It was an excellent series, start to finish. Completely different story-telling experience from anything seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe so far. Everything wrapped up fairly neatly, too.

I will say that all the teases of cameos and whatnot did seem to be overblown, but the series was so good who cares?

Looking forward to The Falcon and the Snowman, err.... The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

• Pie 1

I loved it.   Really well done.  

Really like how it dug into Wanda/Vision and set some things up for the movies.     Falcon/Winter Solider is coming up I think March 19th.  Really like that some of the lesser players in the movies  are getting their characters fleshed out more. 

Wanda really sets up some interesting stuff.   Is she on the path to being more an anti hero or villain?   Her kids still existing in some world which I assume will be her fixation going forward.  We got White Vision out there chilling. 

• Pie 2

Not a Top 10 show for me by any means, but it was fun.

Looking forward to her being a villain for a bit. My guess is she'll go up against Strange alongside a supervillain, before helping Strange defeat that supervillain. And that's doesn't even touch on the multiverse angle that film will have.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Not a Top 10 show for me by any means, but it was fun.

Looking forward to her being a villain for a bit. My guess is she'll go up against Strange alongside a supervillain, before helping Strange defeat that supervillain. And that's doesn't even touch on the multiverse angle that film will have.

I think to some degree it hurt Wandavision that it was opening piece of phase 4.   It wasn't intended to be such.  Think it was suppose to be the 4th show/film of the phase.   Probably cut both ways.  Marvel starved fans got super hyped for it and also disappointed it didn't set up as much as we wanted. 

19 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

I hope he's not just a villain.  She's been through a lot.  She has been played pretty hard by those in power.  I think in Strange it would be cool for her and Strange to be at odds over the "magic MacGuffin Thing" and her power.  She shows Strange (and whatever villain there is) she's going to be in control of her powers by her own ways.  This puts her and Strange in a state of conflict before the super scary threat emerges that forces them to team up like Avengers do.

Of course, that's way too simple, right?  I expect a film about the multiverse to go crazy.

• Pie 1

I enjoyed the miniseries, Olsen and Bettany turned in excellent performances.

On 3/8/2021 at 12:21 PM, CRA said:

Is she on the path to being more an anti hero or villain?   Her kids still existing in some world which I assume will be her fixation going forward.  We got White Vision out there chilling. 

This was the takeaway I had as well. 

They seem to have turned Wanda into a character who, while not a total villain, is probably too dangerous to civilians to be allowed freedom, at least not until she gets some professional help and I'm afraid the writers didn't see this. Wanda has powers she doesn't fully understand or control, and, when her grief over the loss of the Vision got the best of her, she kidnapped and tortured civilians. What's more, once she realized she had harmed real people, she did not immediately release them. What will happen the next time that Wanda endures terrible emotional pain or can't handle her powers?  

I could see Wanda eventually acquiring mastery of her powers, and getting coping mechanisms for her sorrow that don't include kidnapping people and messing up their minds. But I'm somewhat annoyed that the MCU is okay with Wanda's being off on her own, with no consequences for what she did to the helpless people she forced to occupy her fantasy.  

All in all it was a great series and I enjoyed it.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Datawire said:

I could see Wanda eventually acquiring mastery of her powers, and getting coping mechanisms for her sorrow that don't include kidnapping people and messing up their minds.

I don't think much has changed.  I think the next time we see Wanda she is essentially using her amped up powers and knowledge to fix all her problems.  Which will probably cause a bunch of new problems.   Show seemed to allude pretty strongly to her going to "find" her kids.  Plus, the whole white Vision flying around.  Only part White Vision is now missing is the Mind Stone, right?   

18 hours ago, CRA said:

I don't think much has changed.  I think the next time we see Wanda she is essentially using her amped up powers and knowledge to fix all her problems.  Which will probably cause a bunch of new problems.   Show seemed to allude pretty strongly to her going to "find" her kids.  Plus, the whole white Vision flying around.  Only part White Vision is now missing is the Mind Stone, right?   

Yeah it's mostly Vision without the stone now.

Wanda reading Darkhold should bring some cool stuff.  We previously have seen this book in Agents of Shield, dealing with Ghost Rider and other storylines, and other shows too (Runaways/Cloak and Arrow).   I think Wanda will need Agatha eventually to teach her how to control it all.