• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

National Championship Thread: 3 The Ohio State Buckeyes vs 1 Alabama Crimson Tide 8 PM All ESPN Networks

3 minutes ago, musicman said:

If we take Mac Jones at 8, it's not terrible. He's just a traditional style QB but he looks like he would fit our offense. 

It is absolutely a terrible pick. Watch the TD again, Smith slows up a little, catches it and then burns again. Not a bad throw, but he's got all the time and even when pressured a little bit, Harris was wide open made a great adjustment and then scored. I don't think Jones is bad, but his OL and weapons are great. I haven't seen anything tonight that is 8 special.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

Dude's mobility is suspect! He doesn't have to face much adversity with almost squeaky clean pockets and large windows to throw to. This will not be his experience in the NFL!

The ability to run does not equal "mobility" 

1 minute ago, Growl said:

watching a bunch of people try and run narrative control on their confirmation bias when he's having the kind of game he's having has been a laugh fest

Florida sucks

Honestly, I just don't think a lot of fans can watch a game and separate the outcome of a play from the execution of a play.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

It is absolutely a terrible pick. Watch the TD again, Smith slows up a little, catches it and then burns again. Not a bad throw, but he's got all the time and even when pressured a little bit, Harris was wide open made a great adjustment and then scored. I don't think Jones is bad, but his OL and weapons are great. I haven't seen anything tonight that is 8 special.

Several of these screen passes have required borderline circus catches. When he isn't set in a clean pocket he's not accurate.

1 minute ago, Growl said:

watching a bunch of people try and run narrative control on their confirmation bias when he's having the kind of game he's having has been a laugh fest

Florida sucks

Squeaky clean pockets and wide open windows will change the day he sets foot on an NFL field, and that's a fact! 

I'm not saying that you shouldn't give the kid a look. But what I am saying is that you don't reach for him in the first!

Jones might not have any elite attributes, but watching the Film Room broadcast of the game. He reads the field well and processes information quickly. On that last TD pass, as soon as the safety committed to the right side of the field, he released the ball to left side deep for Smith TD. 

Archived