• Join the Huddle!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply signup with a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads and the ability to join the discussion. 

A fun memory: 2011 Tsunami Bowl

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was literally front row, 50 yard line this game. Peoples disgusting food floated down to me and my coworker. The entire front row was flooded.  I saw Greg Olsens gloves get rained off the bench an

i'll never forget stewart's flip being called back

Who was there? I was! Go to 4:29 for the fun.  

Posted Images

I was literally front row, 50 yard line this game. Peoples disgusting food floated down to me and my coworker. The entire front row was flooded. post-5178-133194785591_thumb.jpgpost-5178-133194785597_thumb.jpgpost-5178-133194785603_thumb.jpg
I saw Greg Olsens gloves get rained off the bench and float near us down below. The tv crew came by and I told them I dropped my gloves and they just threw them up to me. I have them both framed still lol. 

Edited by Varking
  • Pie 5
  • Beer 2
Just now, Varking said:

It was the worst. My phone died from being flooded in my pocket and I had to replace my wallet and two of my cards from sitting in my seat and the water being above both in our row. 

Did they make some changes to the stadium as a result of that? I remember it being discussed.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Did they make some changes to the stadium as a result of that? I remember it being discussed.

I haven’t been lucky enough to snag front row seats since that year. My typical seat has been in the end zone about 15 rows deep. Not sure if they made any changes but it was absolutely necessary lol. I’ll never forget that game because of that but I’m sure the average non nutjob fan would have hated sitting there. Most people left our area before halftime hit because they couldn’t take it anymore. 

• Pie 1

Watched this one on TV, but was at the Saints game in similar conditions so I can imagine what it was like.  The stairs looked like white water rapids, the front rows became lakes, and spouts of water shooting down to the lower levels all throughout the stadium.  That game was epic..The crowd was standing and screaming the entire game.

• Pie 1