• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peters is out - GM Search down to 3 candidates

Zod

57 minutes ago, Charlotte_Sports_Hub said:

Nah. Even if Marty is a stagnant rock he always hit on First rounders. The only time he didn't was in 09 when he traded up i believe. 

First round picks, especially in the top ten, is the easiest part of the GM job description. Most of us message board dorks could do that.

2 minutes ago, Growl said:

as in, you either are too lazy to counter what I said before, or have realized that you agree with what I am saying, and are now laying down a string of very bland, very generic insults revolving around e-cred in the hopes you can post last

Got it. Completely delusional. When confronted with an issue of understanding, most reasonable people would attempt to restate their position. Just saying.

9 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Why do people assume that a every assistant GM or personnel exec was completely responsible for the drafts of their perspective teams and will make exactly the same types of moves and decisions going forward with a different team. It makes no sense.

Brandon Beane doesn't run the Bills like Hurney or Gettlemen.  Those guys are universally ridiculed yet everyone loves Beane.

Bc that’s all we have to go on as fans. Is it possible he pounded the table against Rashad penny and got over ruled? Sure? How is anyone gonna know that? Hell, how would Rhule or Tepper know that? Guy could just lie and say he was against all of Seattle’s poor decisions (there’s a lot). I think it’s more logical to assume he played a large role in their drafts as the top scout 

42 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Please do. 

Hell, thinking back on it, it may have actually been me who banned you. You got so many warnings from every mod I can't remember which one of us finally pulled the trigger.

Yeah it was you because you can’t handle being wrong but like I said leave me alone and will be fine.

19 minutes ago, Panthers8969 said:

Seattle’s team is basically here you go russ bail us out. Dk fell bc of the 3 cone bs. That’s great they recognized it was bs. They miss on almost every single first round pick. Get hurney back in the building and have him handle the 1st bc this guy certainly can’t.

really hope it’s poles if peters is out

I mean, many of you are making the wrong jump that these guys interviewing for these GM jobs were making the decisions for their respective teams, even though they weren't the GM! Furthermore, their employers are successful franchises that didn't get a lot of top picks in the first place. 

7 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Since 2013 their draft classes have been downright awful. 

It’s pretty easy to see why they’ve tailed off the last few years. Once that initial influx of talent aged or moved on they’ve never been able to come close to replacing them. 

2 1st rounders was a steep price to pay for a box safety in Adams but if I’m a Seahawks fan I’m not overly bothered by it because they generally just waste their 1st rounders anyways

Which is exactly what Seattle fans say lol. That’s so sad. “Oh, we would’ve missed on those picks anyways, so it’s a great trade!” Yeah, let’s promote that guy!

4 minutes ago, Growl said:

don't forget to say "I know you are but what am I" next, that's a classic

If you actually want to have your positions understood and considered, try restarting them. If you just want to act like the lack of comprehension is on everyone but you, well you do you but don't expect to be taken seriously.

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I mean, many of you are making the wrong jump that these guys interviewing for these GM jobs were making the decisions for their respective teams, even though they weren't the GM! Furthermore, their employers are successful franchises that didn't get a lot of top picks in the first place. 

He was the hawks director of college scouting and then got promoted to co- director of player personnel. Should we really assume the director of college scouting had no impact on their drafts? Sure, maybe the GM overruled him on every pick, I find that hard to believe 

Archived