• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jets supposedly keeping Darnold. Second pick is open for trades

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

I think the Jets have already decided they aren’t taking a QB no matter who it is. Look man I love Trevor, I’m a fan of his for life, but he ain’t Jesus. Andrew Luck was the most coveted prospect ever and it didn’t do poo for the Colts. 

What is your point here? Nobody is saying TL is going to be the greatest QB ever. People are saying he’s rated as the best PROSPECT since Luck. Guess where Luck was drafted? Number 1 overall. Guess where Luck would’ve been drafted the year before? Number 1 overall. Same thing with TL. 

The only chance he’s not drafted at 1 is if he dies. So I guess I’ll give you that 5% chance. 

11 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

What is your point here? Nobody is saying TL is going to be the greatest QB ever. People are saying he’s rated as the best PROSPECT since Luck. Guess where Luck was drafted? Number 1 overall. Guess where Luck would’ve been drafted the year before? Number 1 overall. Same thing with TL. 

The only chance he’s not drafted at 1 is if he dies. So I guess I’ll give you that 5% chance. 

The point is that a team doesn’t view one player as the end all be all for their franchise. Especially egoistical coaches who believe they can win with their system. 

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

Sam Darnold was the highest rated QB in the last 5 years by Todd Mcshay at a 94. He rates TL at a 97....now please go away. 

For the record I don’t wake and bake on the weekdays...so close but not yet. 

97 to 94 doesn't sound like much, but is actually a good bit in evaluation terms.

Make a list of all QBs rated 97 or higher in the last 15 years and you will see.

I don't understand why fans get so worked up about every piece of information they hear this time of year.  If anything this is the time of year that you don't believe anything you hear.

Think about it, if you wanted to trade a player wouldn't you pretend to like the player??????

25 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

If they are keeping Darnold than Sewell is their choice.   You need to protect your QB.  He's a good start.

Then again they need help at the WR corps. 

If they keep Darnold the smart play is too move out of the pick.

The pick is too valuable to use on a non-QB.

Would a team give up three 1st and two 2nds to move up and draft QB2? possible

Would they give up that much to move up and take a non-QB? no

That's why you trade the pick to a team wanting a QB and you get the picks.

Archived