• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What would you do with the #8 pick?

Icege

What would you do with the #8 pick?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with the #8 pick?

• Trade up to #2 or #3 (what are you giving up and who are you selecting?)
    • Trade down (who are you trading with and who are you selecting?)
    • Wait for #8 (who are you selecting?)
    • Trade for Deshaun Watson (what else are you giving up?)

Watson if he's available is easily the best move. Very little risk outside of injury. Worth 3 1sts IMO.

If Watson isn't available, I'd rather stay put. Outside of TL, the other rookie QBs are a gamble. There will likely be one of Lance, Fields, or Wilson at #8. If one falls to you at #8 take him, otherwise see if you can get some additional picks.

Trading up will be too costly for a QB IMO. I wouldn't want to see us giving up a future 1st to move up a few spots. I would rather patch the position with a FA QB in that scenario. While not elite, we could kick the tires on the likes of Stafford, Trubisky, etc.

I'm definitely trying to trade up to #3 to secure either Justin Fields or Zach Wilson, I'd offer this year's 1st, 2nd, and next year's 2nd round pick.  Not good enough for the Dolphins? Then just stay put at #8 and select Trey Lance if he's still there or the best player available which would probably be Patrick Surtain II. 

I think the Panthers will fan in love with Wilson and Fields and try their hardest to trade up to #3 without giving up too much draft capital, they will not settle for any other QB, so if Lance is there at #8 and they don't want him, Panthers should call around and see who wants to trade up in front of Broncos.

Trade up to 2-3 after we do through evaluations and decide on Fields/Wilson. You don’t sit on your hands and hope a franchise guy falls in your lap, especially not when you have one year of Teddy Bridgewater left with no backup plan. We did exactly that last year and missed out on Herbert.

I think one of the QBs will be there at 8 (probably Lance), so I chose to stay at 8. 

If for some reason all 4 are gone, then perhaps a trade back to add an extra 2nd rounder but still in position to grab a CB1 or OT. Then with the extra pick, I would see what the Jets want for Darnold and move on that. 

Worst case, look into Haskins and let him compete. 

I'm staying at 8 and seeing who's available. Moving up when you've got such a bare roster as us doesn't make sense especially when Wilson and Fields are far from sure things. If someone is there at 8 that you're high on, draft them. If not, try to trade back and accumulate draft capital. People act like Wilson or Fields are our only chances to upgrade at qb. I'd much rather throw a 2nd round pick for Stafford if the Lions want to move on than give up 3-4 picks including 2 1sts to move up for Wilson or Fields. Or hang tight and take Lance if he's there. Or give Trubisky a Mariota-like contract to serve as competition for Teddy. Moving up in desperation is far more likely to come back to bite us than look like a good deal. Teams moving up when they already have a successful infrastructure in place generally turn out much better and can buffer the hit more when it doesn't. We're not there yet.

I prefer Lance or Wilson but if for some reason we don’t land one of the QB’s I can see us taking Slater. 

If all 4 QB’s are gone and both Sewell and Slater then I’m probably trading back and hoping to land Jaycee Horn. 

In my fantasy world we just bite the bullet and trade for Watson. You’re going to have to trade a 1st to move up to 2 or 3 anyways, make it one more and go get the for sure thing. 

Fitterer is known for making his money in the later rounds anyways, let em earn it!

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

I prefer Lance or Wilson but if for some reason we don’t land one of the QB’s I can see us taking Slater. 

If all 4 QB’s are gone and both Sewell and Slater then I’m probably trading back and hoping to land Jaycee Horn. 

In my fantasy world we just bite the bullet and trade for Watson. You’re going to have to trade a 1st to move up to 2 or 3 anyways, make it one more and go get the for sure thing. 

Fitterer is known for making his money in the later rounds anyways, let em earn it!

Rashawn Slater is growing more and more on me the more that I read up and watch highlights. Going to have to get time this weekend to watch his game vs. Chase Young where he apparently stonewalled him.

I'm offering the Jets #8, #39, and next year's 1st to go get Zach Wilson at #2.

If no, then I'm hoping the Jets stay out and make a non-QB pick. Then I'm calling the Dolphins and offering them #8, #68, and next year's 1st for #3 with the willingness to go up to the same offer I made the Jets for #2.

If it doesn't work out and I end up not having a QB on the board at #8 I'm absolutely fielding calls for that pick because we probably need to accumulate '22 draft capital to go get Howell or Rattler next year.

1 minute ago, Icege said:

Rashawn Slater is growing more and more on me the more that I read up and watch highlights. Going to have to get time this weekend to watch his game vs. Chase Young where he apparently stonewalled him.

Yep I don’t think he’s talked about enough and he’s a very real possibility. 

Miami and Cincy could go Sewell/Slater. Miami turning their pick for Tunsil into their preferred LT. Although they did just take Austin Jackson but I don’t think he was very good this year was he?

I mean is Watson is even in the discussion, that's what you do, and you pay what it takes. He's 25 years old! Even if you have to struggle for year or two with no first rounder, you've got your franchise QB set for decade or more.

Now, back in the realm of things that might actually happen, you try to get up to 2 or 3 if you believe in one of the QBs. You just better be right.

If you can't trade up and there's no QB you love at 8, you look at trading down. It takes two to tango though so you might or might not find a dancing partner. If you don't, you stay there and pick the best player on your board.

Archived