• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sam Howell

17 minutes ago, TSLA said:

Sam Howell isn’t even the best QB next year. Tyler Shough is. Anyone who doesn’t believe that is just a fan of UNC or lives in NC, not Oregon. 

12 minutes ago, TSLA said:

I really don’t understand the hype around Howell. Most of it comes from Carolina fans. Kid isn’t that great. 

So thats why literally nearly every mock has Howell #1 overall next year.

26 minutes ago, TSLA said:

Sam Howell isn’t even the best QB next year. Tyler Shough is. Anyone who doesn’t believe that is just a fan of UNC or lives in NC, not Oregon. 

While I admit Howell has a great running game to support him and a great duo of WRs.  This man has NFL talent written all over him.  He has all the tools and is mobile enough to be a problem for any defense.

You either haven't seen him play much or have a great hatred for him in General but to say he's not the top pick is not even close.

Heading into the 2021 college season he will be the No. QB off the board.  How he fairs through the season will determine whether he stays there. 

Imagine you're the GM.  You have at least some shot at one of the top six QB's in what appears to be a very good QB draft this year.  You say "nah", I'll wait for next year.  Let's say you know that Sam Howell is going to be Trevor Lawrence next year.

And in game six of his final college season, Howell blows out his shoulder.  Won't ever be the same.

What an idiot you would look like.  Future picks are nice, but there is a reason those picks are valued at one round less than a pick this year.  You just don't know what will happen.  This is why all the "Tank for Trevor" crowd are morons.  What if TL had gotten ruined this year?

Stick to your spot.  Draft the guy who is highest on your board in a position of need.  If you need a QB and believe a guy on your board is a franchise guy, you draft him.  Doesn't matter where you are, doesn't matter where other teams believe he belongs.  If *YOU* think he's a franchise, you draft him.  "Vontae Mack No Matter What"

If you don't have the confidence to do that, you don't belong in the chair.  This is why I respect Ryan Pace, the guy who drafted Mitch Trubisky.  He believed.  Right or wrong, he believed Trubisky was a franchise guy, and he took him at the slot they had. 

You can debate whether he's right or wrong, but you cannot debate that he acted like a quality GM would when given an opportunity to draft a franchise QB.

31 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Howell makes reads, has good footwork, good pocket presence, can make all the throws from fastballs to touch passes and has the biggest arm I’ve seen in a while. The ball just leaps off his hands. The only QB this year that has that combination of skills is Lawrence, and he doesn’t have the arm Howell does. 

Lawrence arm makes Howell look like a water gun. Howell is no where close to the prospect Lawrence is. And doesn’t have the talent of Wilson or Lance 

Archived