• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Devin White... Micah Parsons

musicman

We have to totally change our dumb blue collar linebacker mentality. That old school Steelers outdated blueprint that the lord of creeps brought here has to be purged. I don't want a lunch pale tough guy try hard team with a mediocre offense and 1st round defensive players all over the field. That is so stupid in this day and age. That was fine in the 90's for the Steelers. We need to move on.

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 1

53 minutes ago, pantherj said:

If the bpa at 8 is a Lb then you look for a trade partner. We already have an expensive 1st pick LB with great athleticism. You don't win today collecting top quality LBs. They don't effect the game enough to matter, the ball is tossed over their head down field, and to make matters worse Parsons is not good at defending the pass, so we'd get wrecked. No more bad decisions. We need to build up our passing attack in the draft until we are a dominant passing team. A LB can be added later in the draft if needed (P.S not needed).

I'd love to see the list of elite LB's still in the playoffs. This is like our fanbases fetish with RB's. It's a product of a different time. If you aren't an elite pass rushing LB, it isn't a critical need for a team to win or to have a great defense. 

Luke spoiled ya'll because he was a HOF talent but we aren't going to get another Luke very easily. Furthermore, Luke played in 2019 for one of the worst defenses we have ever fielded. It was a defense that ranked behind the one we just had featuring Tahir Whitehead and Jermaine Carter. Think about that.

Parsons is a luxury pick and we aren't in luxury pick mode.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Yaboychris28 said:

We drafted a DT last year. Drafting a MLB would be a another classic Panthers pick that has proven to win us nothing over time. With a new GM, HC, Owner, I’d rather take a different route than what we’ve already done in the past for so long. I’d much rather sign a MLB via FA 

Yeah, eventually you have to start making choices in the offseason that actually help the team. We have to get past ignoring positional value and reaching for suspect players(in free agency and the draft).

I don't want FA LBs because they tend to have something wrong with them. Like they are dopey and screw up too much, or they have a physical injury they are trying to hide. It's best to draft smart LBs with fresh legs later in the draft. They'll never be superstars, but who cares? Just be smart and execute the defense as it's called. I you get beat then that's ok because so do the rest of the LBs in the league.

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

I don't want FA LBs because they tend to have something wrong with them. Like they are dopey and screw up too much, or they have a physical injury they are trying to hide. It's best to draft smart LBs with fresh legs later in the draft. They'll never be superstars, but who cares? Just be smart and execute the defense as it's called. I you get beat then that's ok because so do the rest of the LBs in the league.

Yeah and taking a LB in the first round typically means that second contract is already going to be higher than the guy you took in the 2nd-7th rounds. 

Now some may think that I'm not thinking about the defense and you need some balance to win. I do want 1st round defensive players on the d-line. Load up the d-line AFTER we have a top quality passing attack. Right now we have an o-line that makes our journeyman QB fearful, and he tosses the ball too short or throws it away when he smells trouble. That's how journeymen play. Gettlemen tried to warn us about this type of player. They avoid injury, play by their own rules, and point fingers at other players when things go t!ts up. They always have excuses, and things are never their fault. We need to avoid the journeymen type of players like the plague because they already have F-U money, and they are selfish.

Our o-line needs to be a like a stone wall, and the expensive draft capital to build it is well worth it. Spend on the o-line, then turn your attention to rushing the QB.

21 minutes ago, pantherj said:

That's how journeymen play. Gettlemen tried to warn us about this type of player. They avoid injury, play by their own rules, and point fingers at other players when things go t!ts up. They always have excuses, and things are never their fault. We need to avoid the journeymen type of players like the plague because they already have F-U money, and they are selfish.

jour·ney·man
/ˈjərnēmən/
noun
  1. 1.
    a worker or sports player who is reliable but not outstanding.
    "a solid journeyman professional"

The Princess Bride Reaction GIF

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is what I was talking about. Most fans can't grasp the concept of opportunity costs. Nothing happens in a vacuum. It isn't just about the draft. It's about the big picture. Don't feel bad though, Marty Hurney was a long-term NFL GM and he couldn't grasp it either.

what is the opportunity cost in drafting a MLB in the 1st round?