Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Fitterer got his foot in the door by trash talking David Tepper


Recommended Posts

That did take some balls :)

Breer's piece actually a load of good info about the process here. That's just one that stood out to me.

Also have to say for Tepper to talk about not wanting "redundancy of skill set" only to wind up hiring a guy whose primary traits were evaluation based tells me he must have impressed the hell out of them.

Said it before: I want to learn how to interview from this guy.

  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sir Purr said:

Your definition of trash talk must be different than mine. 

That's not even close to trash talking. That's basic generic ribbing/joking.

Edited by Fox007
  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

That's not even close to trash talking. That basic generic ribbing/joking.

Yeah but not many employees have the sack to take that tact with a potential employer. You get a lot of deferential behavior and BS. Some of those types want a yes man.

That is why I generally go into most interviews not caring much or viewing it as what they have to offer me, rather than what I need to do to work there.

You'd be surprised how often that is successful. And, typically, the places it isn't aren't usually places I want to work anyway.

  • Pie 7
  • Beer 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah but not many employees have the sack to take that tact with a potential employer. You get a lot of deferential behavior and BS. Some of those types want a yes man.

That is why I generally go into most interviews not caring much or viewing it as what they have to offer me, rather than what I need to do to work there.

You'd be surprised how often that is successful. And, typically, the places it isn't aren't usually places I want to work anyway.

You'll notice in the article that Fitterer was questioning Rhule about developing young players.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mr. Scot said:

You'll notice in the article that Fitterer was questioning Rhule about developing young players.

Yep. He probably viewed this as, "I don't need this job, so what do they have to offer that makes we WANT this job."

I almost always do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah but not many employees have the sack to take that tact with a potential employer. You get a lot of deferential behavior and BS. Some of those types want a yes man.

That is why I generally go into most interviews not caring much or viewing it as what they have to offer me, rather than what I need to do to work there.

You'd be surprised how often that is successful. And, typically, the places it isn't aren't usually places I want to work anyway.

In every interview I've ever done it was most certainly loose and open. There has always been the opportunity to ask the interviewer questions...like where are you people interviewing at? I work at Booz Allen Hamilton as an engineer so hearing that type of poo is just basic to me. You always get to question your interviewer and tell jokes and poo.

Maybe other worse jobs are different?

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Zod said:

Good story. Likely earned him some respect. No one likes an ass kisser. 

Marty Hurney would have probably been like 

"Oh, Mr. Tepper that is great! May I please jot this down and use it in the future? I'll be sure to quote you on it?"

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yep. He probably viewed this as, "I don't need this job, so what do they have to offer that makes we WANT this job."

I almost always do that.

This was something like his third or fourth GM interview. He reportedly came in second to Joe Douglas for the Jets job.

You could definitely say he had reason to be confident.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...