• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gantt weighs in on Deshaun Watson and Matt Stafford

Zod

3 minutes ago, Zod said:

32 is not old for a QB. 

We could get a solid 5 years out of him easily and buy to to draft a guy we love that isn't in the top 5 of the draft. 

I've been trying to tell these kids that this would not be a bad idea to consider.  It's the long game approach and would fit into what Rhule has been preaching.   Him becoming available changes things considerably with the Watson fantasy.

• Beer 1

If the price is too high for Watson, it may still be too high for Stafford. I wouldn't trade my 8 for Stafford! I'd go young! Of course it's all predicated upon our beliefs and desire about the 2021 crop of QBs. I should say "their" beliefs. I'm rolling with them, so whatever they decide will be good with me.

Just now, top dawg said:

If the price is too high for Watson, it may still be too high for Stafford. I wouldn't trade my 8 for Stafford! I'd go young! Of course it's all predicated upon our beliefs and desire about the 2021 crop of QBs. I should say "their" beliefs. I'm rolling with them, so whatever they decide will be good with me.

One thing to factor in to the equation in your qb hunt is where you will be drafting next year.  I'm not one to predict an undefeated season but I do think our record will be much better than this past one just on the experience gained this season alone.  So I hope our scouts are doing their homework.

15 minutes ago, Zod said:

32 is not old for a QB. 

We could get a solid 5 years out of him easily and buy to to draft a guy we love that isn't in the top 5 of the draft. 

He is 32 with a ton of miles racked up.  His body is shot.  Hard pass.  Stick with the plan of drafting and developing a qb and keep all of your picks

2 minutes ago, TSLA said:

Not a big fan of Stafford anymore. Maybe 3 years ago I would be.

Stafford hasn't had a bad career. He was down a little bit in 2019 (where he may have been injured iirc), but 2020 was solid! In the right situation, his game may even rise! 

The Lions have been dog poo! We all know it! The man hasn't had the best support! Is he inspiring enough? Has he put the team on his back and won enough games in the fourth quarter? Has he had the supporting cast to do it with consistency? Or, has he shown consistency in that department notwithstanding fair to middling talent? These are the type of questions that we should be considering.

Just now, rippadonn said:

Check one of the previous 80 Watson threads. Insider said someone close to Watson said Carolina was the sleeper and he'd love to come "home"(close to Clemson).

Dude, he is from Georgia. He was talking about growing up in Georgia not being from fuging Clemson. 

That area fuging sucks.

• Pie 2

31 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Stafford is 32. We're still several seasons away from completing our rebuilding process. We need a younger QB imo. Stafford will go to the 49ers who are in a "win now" kind of position imo. If not the 49ers, then you plug Stafford into the Colts and they're back in the playoffs imo. He's not coming here. 

Thing is we would easily be a 9-7/10-6 team with Stafford instead of Teddy this past year. We had 7 games come down to the last drive. 

With the way Rhule has this team compete, all it’s going to take is a few FAs and one more really solid draft to make this a juggernaut team. We are not as far off as people think.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How has he made it clear?

Where has he personally made anything "clear"? Every report I've seen has said that we are a contender! We've seen some reports that says he is considering us in a positive light. I don't think we can say that about the Jets--maybe Miami, but they have the question of Tua!

To those who think we'd have to give up too much to get Watson, what is it that we've got that is better than a franchise QB? We've already seen that a franchise RB doesn't win you games. Aside from DJ, Brown, Burns nobody is untradable when it comes to the #1 position on offense. Watson would make whomever you had left better.