• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teams already reaching out to Detroit for Stafford

ncfan

I already told the board this, Stafford is held among elite in real NFL circles. Golden Tate who play with Russie Wilson, Eli Manning, and Full soul Carson Wertz. He said Stafford was the best QB. Its very very hard to take the QB out of the team and judge him. Lions hold fault for many of Staffords "issues".  

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 3

He still has quite a zip and has always been able to launch rockets.  Crazy to think he's only a year older than Cam. Been steady at ~65% with throwing a lot of bombs to Golladay and Jones. 

It is pretty damn interesting to consider how he would do with a guy like CMC on his team.  He's never had that before.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Let me ask you guys, what makes you think Stafford would want to come to the Panthers?

I just don't see it

Best RB in football, two stud WR, potentially a 3rd. If he watches our games which I’m sure he would if we’re serious. He’ll know he could have at least won 5 of the 7 games Teddy lost with the game on the line.

• Pie 1

Let me ask you guys, what makes you think Stafford would want to come to the Panthers?

I just don't see it

True... off the top of my head Colts jump out as making the most sense.

Lions have to be happy with the  compensation though and that's where we might have advantage if we offer more

1 minute ago, OneBadCat said:

Best RB in football, two stud WR, potentially a 3rd. If he watches our games which I’m sure he would if we’re serious. He’ll know he could have at least won 5 of the 7 games Teddy lost with the game on the line.

Also with Brees done and Brady potentially retiring after a SB win the South could be ripe for the taking

Edited by OneBadCat

2 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

We have to be realistic here, Lions and Panthers both won 5 games last year.

Why would Stafford want out from a bad team to join another bad/rebuilding team??

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Why would Stafford want out from a bad team to join another bad/rebuilding team??

If we're talking teams on the cusp/playoff ready without a QB, then you look to LAR, Indy & NO.  There's no way in hell they're shipping him to Chicago.

Otherwise, we're in a much better spot than WFT, Philly, NE, HOU, DEN.  Though if I had to guess, think Denver gets him at the end of the day.  He's very much the type they look for.

9 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Let's see

Lions:

Just now blowing up and starting over with a new regime.  

Little to no weapons

Defense, no young core pieces that have stood out.

Panthers:

Already began the rebuild 

#1 RB in the NFL

#2 WR that's better than Detroit's #1

3 key young core defensive players under the age of 23