• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bieniemy apparently out of the running in Houston

Mr. Scot

Per John McClain...

According to Aaron Wilson, part of the reason behind David Culley being a candidate is that he and DeShaun Watson got along really well when the Ravens staff coached Watson in the Pro Bowl.

Given that he wasn't really on anyone else's radar, this seems like it would be total deference to Watson.

Edited by Mr. Scot

I may be proven wrong, but I'm really going to assume that Bienemy got smart and took himself out of the running. 

You have to be pretty desperate at this point to take up job where you're set up to fail. That, or you think you're head-coaching Houdini.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I may be proven wrong, but I'm really going to assume that Bienemy got smart and took himself out of the running. 

You have to be pretty desperate at this point to take up job where you're set up to fail. That, or you think you're head-coaching Houdini.

I said prior to the championship game that the loser might turn out to be the winner as far as this job because they'd be available to start sooner.

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

That or he thinks Watson is leaving so why would u want to go there?

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

If Bienemy didn't take himself out of consideration, then at some point you just have to say that something's up with the guy! He must not interview well, or rubs people the wrong way. It's got to be something.

I've seen suggestions from more than one source that he's not very good at interviewing.

There were (unverified) reports that his interview with the Panthers was a disaster.

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I agree, and have said all along that he should get his free meal and tell them thanks, but no thanks. He wasn't good enough before Watson threw a fit, then he isn't good enough now. He knows he was being used. Houston is a place for a new coach to place his head on a chopping block from the start. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, top dawg said:

If Bienemy didn't take himself out of consideration, then at some point you just have to say that something's up with the guy! He must not interview well, or rubs people the wrong way. It's got to be something.

That is kind of what I am thinking. If it wasn't him just flat out not wanting these jobs, maybe he is one of these "complete roster control" guys? I know a lot of places that isn't viewed well. Or maybe he just doesn't interview well.

Then again, let's be honest.....maybe he really is just a product of Andy Reid? We probably aren't going to know until he finally gets a shot at it.

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I think I might be able to see where this is heading.

I could see them hiring him, it want change Watson's mind though. Houston has still failed to see that this is about more than a coach. This is about a failed promise, and about the front office, especially Easterly.  

• Beer 1