• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Let's say you are Deshaun Watson, bias aside, where do you want to go?

davos

Depends if he want to compete now for a SB or be a part of consistent winner like we will be.

He would be a baller on this team. We probably have the most attractive weapons outside of TE. We’d be in the playoffs easily with him at the helm. Another solid draft, two for certain and I think we’ll go deep in the playoffs for a long time.

We just aren’t a complete team right now. 

• Pie 1

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Objectively speaking, he liked a post linking him to the Jets, and there is the report out there that that is his priority destination...  I can't figure that out at all.  I dont know why any player would want to do that, unless you were a diehard Jets fan growing up, or your agent was steering you there, and even then it makes no sense to me.

Saleh

If I'm Deshaun, I would 100% ask to go to the Colts.  The team was 11-5 last year, have no veteran QB's under contract and get to play the Texans twice a year.  Does it get any better than that?

Again, it will never happen as the Texans would never agree to him moving within the division, just saying that if I was Deshaun that would be my choice.  He's not stupid.  He won't go Jets.  Nobody with half a brain goes there and Deshaun seems pretty smart.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Objectively speaking, he liked a post linking him to the Jets, and there is the report out there that that is his priority destination...  I can't figure that out at all.  I dont know why any player would want to do that, unless you were a diehard Jets fan growing up, or your agent was steering you there, and even then it makes no sense to me.

Miami makes sense.  Beautiful city/weather, up and coming team and young coach, and seems like the organization is on the right track.  But than again, in both instances, if some of the reasons he wants out of Houston is political/cultural stuff, which I believe I read somewhere, Johnson and Ross don't have exactly glowing recommendations either...

Now us...  we have youth, a promising young HC, and a new owner who has shown a tendency to let his players be who they are, even politically.  We are the professional team of his college region (that sounds weird, but you know what I mean), close to home, and again, seem to be an up and coming franchise.

Atlanta, although his hometeam, is in a weird transitional state with a new coach and no established culture aside from being known for huge collapses.

To me, it really should come down to us and SF, but supposedly SF is really interested in Stafford, buy I'm sure with the official request coming from Watson now, that'll shift to him.  

Very valid points and I was in the same boat about the NYJ.  Without an allegiance to NYC, I'd prefer the NYG but we know DG isn't making that transaction haha.  He'll continue to sputter with his boy Daniel.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I don't think it'll happen, but I'm only thinking from Watson's perspective here.

I get that.

As to the Jets, it was reported that he wanted the Texans to go after Robert Saleh but they didn't.

Yeah, they've been a dumpster fire, but they've got a new head coach and a GM that's only been there a year plus the spotlight of being in New York.

And of course, the star player attitude is frequently "sure they're bad, but they don't have me".

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Saleh

Yeah, I know thats the reason that being relayed out there, and although I could see how Saleh would be a selling point for me of I was a player (I've thought he was a great coach from afar for awhile now), all the other dysfunction in that organization, starting with the owner, would be enough to keep me away.

10 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I’d like to add that there may not only be the incentives for the Texans, but Deshaun as well. There may be a team that says they’re willing to give him a pay raise as well as more guaranteed money. 

Yikes I hope not for that team's sake. You'd give a raise to the 2nd highest paid qb in the NFL that will be taking up 20% of your cap after next, after giving away all your most valuable draft capital in the next 3 years that you could have desperately used to build affordable pieces around him? 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, I know thats the reason that being relayed out there, and although I could see how Saleh would be a selling point for me of I was a player (I've thought he was a great coach from afar for awhile now), all the other dysfunction in that organization, starting with the owner, would be enough to keep me away.

To be fair, we don't really know if they'll remain dysfunctional now that Gase is gone.