• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers to be 'aggressive' in pursuit of potential Deshaun Watson trade

Proudiddy

Just now, CRA said:

I personally never considered him that.   In how I define things I’d put him in whatever tier Stafford climbed into.  

Id say Stafford is elite. Understand being different/picky about "elite" label. He was just the last one I thought of being traded, hell feels like he wore a leather helmet. Orton was a decent QB, who did get to SB was included in that trade.  miss the early memes for those times 

image.png.8b8ea786d5d4312ba8c7b11309cf3896.png

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Id say Stafford is elite. Understand being different/picky about "elite" label. He was just the last one I thought of being traded, hell feels like he wore a leather helmet. Orton was a decent QB, who did get to SB was included in that trade.  miss the early memes for those times 

I thought this meme was Rex Grossman.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I don't care who you are you don't average 4300 passing yards and 27tds a season without being elite... Staffords the only reason they didn't become the only team with multiple 0-16 seasons. He's led some crazy come backs with absolutely no defense.

• Flames 1

15 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I mean Joe Montana is arguably the GOAT.  He got traded.  Moon got traded.   They both went on to remain Pro Bowlers with their new teams.   Granted they were clearly on the backend.   But talk about big time.

Favre and Hasselbeck got traded and went on to lead their teams into Super Bowls.  They never really got going yet with their original teams. 

I do agree with the notion there is no Watson comparable out there.   No one traded at this early moment with a career ahead of him.....when the entire league fully knows what he is and how great he is.   All examples of that tier QB happened earlier or later in a career.

In all seriousness I would love getting Watson at a price that wouldn't morgage the future.

I have noticed the "All in for Watson crowd" Happens to be a lot of the same people that complained for years about Cam not having an oline or weapons or CBs who could hold a lead.... The same will happen to Watson if you pony that much up..

• Pie 1

I had another thought to share, so I returned. 

Let's say Watson costs 3 first rounders.  Is that worth it?

If you think he is the QB for the next decade, yes.   Look at the Jets--lotta first round busts that take 3 years to bust.  Watson is proven---and if he pans out, which I think he would, you can make moves in rounds 2-7 to add a player or 2.  I am not a fan of trading #1s, but this is an opportunity you rarely get---no rebuild--we would enter WIN NOW mode and still have youth.  I am changing my mind.