• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hypothetically We Land Watson

43 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

This is actually incorrect. His cap hit in 2021 is very low, $10.54 mil but his 2022 cap hit is $35 mil which would be the second highest paid year(after 2023) of his contract. These figures are assuming he is traded, they are substantially higher for the Texans with his prorated bonus money added.

Yeah, they still have 2020 figures on OTC, by the time I realized I couldn't edit.

LT - draft in the 2nd round. Eichenburg, Radunz, Mayfield may be options. 

LG - sign Joe Thuney. 

C - Paradis (one last year)

RG - draft Humphrey, Meyers, or Dickerson in the 3rd round. Play here for a year, move to center in 2022. Draft a RG in 2022

RT - resign Moton

You have 2 rookies starting, but have experienced guys playing next to them. 

Edited by TheProcess

I've mentioned it before but I'd like to somehow keep 2023s 1st rounder.  I'd rather stretch things out and add players, but it could make our offer less valuable than Miami, NYJ or elsewhere who both have Tua and Darnold respectively.  I also think we try to package HOU's 2nd rounder in 2022 which will basically be a first. Or maybe their 2022 3rd.  That way, we retain (3) top-80 picks next year.  The hit won't be as hard 

My ideal package would be:

2021 1st (#8)

2022 1st

2023 3rd

2024 1st

Shaq Thompson

Teddy Bridgewater

(hell, maybe toss in Donte Jackson)

for

Deshaun Watson

HOU 2022 2nd/3rd

--

So then next year, we either have (2)2nds+3rd or 2nd+(2)3rds in lieu of a 1st, 2nd, & 3rd. 

We don't lose any crazy talent & I could see Shaq being valuable to Houston.  Houston may try for a better player but we can't have Chinn & Burns in discussion IMO.  As much as I hate it, WRs are producing all over so I don't think we can or should have DJ off limits 😕