• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers trade proposal via ESPN

Zod

27 minutes ago, Zod said:

ESPN weighing in on what the Panthers may be thinking.

Would you do this?

20210129_085447.jpg

If the Texans presented us this deal you hit the phuking bid. We can get rid of Teddy and we wouldn’t have to include any of our young studs like Burns, Chinn or Brown. We also wouldn’t have to take a huge dead money cap hit by CMAC being included. 

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yes. I'd hate to give up three 1sts but unloading Teddy and his contract would be a plus and getting back a couple of mid-round draft picks would help ease the blow. I'd be trying to hang onto #39 and offer our 3rd instead and trying to get that '23 4th from them up to a 3rd but at the end of the day, I'd do that deal as written.

I just really don't think the Texans will have any interest in Teddy at all. Imagine trading away 25 year old Cam and then having to sell your fanbase on Teddy Bridgewater. Oh wee mayne indeed.

They will draft a QB this year, easy to sell the fanbase on Teddy as a high character backup or bridge for the rook, and they could shed his contract 100% after 1 year. It’s not far-fetched that he’s be included in a potential Watson deal. He just doesn’t add value to it

• Pie 1

Just now, TheProcess said:

You would rather trade (2) 1st and a 2nd for an unproven rookie than (3) 1st and a 2nd for a top 5 proven QB just entering his prime

It’s basically swapping first and give up one first.

And yes, that’s how much I believe in Wilson as a prospect. I also like that he’s on his rookie contract where it easier to build around him now.

BTW I think it will be a lot more than just three first for Watson 

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I don’t think we’d have to trade that much to get up to #1 but it is a good quandary. Would you trade a lesser package to get Lawrence on a rookie salary or a bigger package to get Watson on a larger salary.

I know Watson is known but I think I’d take a risk on Lawrence and have an extra 1st and $100M to spend over 4 years. If Lawrence does hit his potential, you could end up with a QB just as good (dare I say better) along with 2-3 pro bowl potential guys.

I think we'd have to trade MORE than that to get up to #1. You're probably looking at 1sts and 2nds for the next three years to get the Jets to even take a moment to consider the possibility of trading that pick and Lawrence. 

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

They will draft a QB this year, easy to sell the fanbase on Teddy as a high character backup or bridge for the rook, and they could shed his contract 100% after 1 year. It’s not far-fetched that he’s be included in a potential Watson deal. He just doesn’t add value to it

No it's not. That's what most of us assumed Teddy would be for us and most of us still hated it. And that was with us parting with Cam after multiple seasons of serious injury struggles, not a 25 year old in his prime MVP caliber Cam. Texans fans would fuging riot.

2 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

It’s basically swapping first and give up one first.

And yes, that’s how much I believe in Wilson as a prospect. I also like that he’s on his rookie contract where it easier to build around him now.

BTW I think it will be a lot more than just three first for Watson 

It may cost more for Watson, but we are debating whether or not we would accept the offer in thread. 

I can see your points on Wilson, and they are valid. However, it is always a risk with a rookie QB, especially considering Wilson has had shoulder issues. I prefer to give up one extra 1st and take the proven top 5, maybe top 3 QB in the league. I like Wilson as a prospect, but to thonk he can become top 5 in the league is a stretch.

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Well, it’s the Jags, but you think and established Watson wouldn’t command more? You might be right. As the Jags, I’d never trade out just because after Bortles and Minshew, having a chance at say the next great QB is worth everything. No guarantees but I’m going all in on that. Damn if that doesn’t hurt to write knowing how much we fubar’d our chance.

I think an elite QB on a rookie contract is the single most valuable asset in the NFL. That's why I think Lawrence/#1 overall would command more. You take the risk of him not planning out, but you have the huge potential reward of having an elite QB on the cheap for the next five years. That's HUGE.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No it's not. That's what most of us assumed Teddy would be for us and most of us still hated it. And that was with us parting with Cam after multiple seasons of serious injury struggles, not a 25 year old in his prime MVP caliber Cam. Texans fans would fuging riot.

We hated it because it was 2-3 years and to get rid of him before that we'd have to eat a big cap hit and mainly because we don't actually have a concrete plan in place to replace him, even still. If we had drafted Tua or Herbert the perception of the Teddy signing would be significantly different. Texans will have a young QB there to be excited about. 1 season of Teddy with no dead cap after that won't affect that at all. Not even close to comparable.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think an elite QB on a rookie contract is the single most valuable asset in the NFL. That's why I think Lawrence/#1 overall would command more. You take the risk of him not planning out, but you have the huge potential reward of having an elite QB on the cheap for the next five years. That's HUGE.

Facts