• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Nick Caserio: Texans have “zero interest” in trading Deshaun Watson

WarPanthers89

1 hour ago, Moo Daeng said:

You are one of the few smart ones. Anything is possible. Working your ass off doesn't make a person better it just pays thee phone bills.

i prefer to be depended on, rather than depend on others. Knock on wood i wont have to depend on others until im an old ass man. I do feel bad for those that depend on others through no fault of their own. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Nobody's accused them of being smart.

It is smart. Watson has much more to lose here than the Texans. Watsons set to be a very, very rich man. Generational wealth. Only thing that would stop that at this point is if he decides to hold out multiple seasons, forfeit 140m+, get fined on top of the lost wages, and not accrue any seasons towards FA. 

4 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Seems the price tag for Houston involves young defensive starters.  To me, throw picks all day long at Houston.  But if we have to give up Burns and Chinn?  Nope. 

People have been talking about McCaffrey but yeah, it sounds more like Burns and Chinn. Makes sense knowing that they're losing Watt.

For the record, McClain still doesn't believe they'll trade Watson at all, and if they do not likely to anybody but the Jets, but he's offering a starting framework for a  deal anyway.

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

People have been talking about McCaffrey but yeah, it sounds more like Burns and Chinn. Makes sense knowing that they're losing Watt.

For the record, McClain still doesn't believe they'll trade him at all, and if they do not likely to anybody but the Jets, but he's offering a starting framework for a  deal anyway.

Burns, Chinn, or Brown would be tough to give up.  I would offer up YGM who also fits the description of young defensive starter.  YGM showed promise as a rookie, so there could be interest 

4 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

Houston, have you heard about Donte Jackson and Shaq Thompson?  Hell, have you heard about TRE BOSTON?? Pro Bowler in the right system. 

Donte and YGM?

I doubt they would want Shaq and his contract since they already have Cunningham on a big contract

10 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Burns, Chinn, or Brown would be tough to give up.  I would offer up YGM who also fits the description of young defensive starter.  YGM showed promise as a rookie, so there could be interest 

They're looking at replacing JJ Watt. I don't really think Yetur Gross-Matos moves the needle to that level.

if the framework is two young defensive starters, one of them has to be Burns. You can negotiate on the second one but I don't see any chance Burns gets left out.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They're looking at replacing JJ Watt. I don't really think Yetur Gross-Matos moves the needle to that level.

if the framework is two young defensive starters, one of them has to be Burns. You can negotiate on the second one but I don't see any chance Burns gets left out.

Most likely true, but I definitely start out talking YGM and/or Donte Jackson. I see Houston hired Lovie Smith. 

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I wouldn't like trading Burns, but I'm not letting an edge rusher stop me from securing the services of an All Pro caliber QB for the next ten years.