• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton/Tepper/Watson

ncfan

14 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Funny thing is that Cam was a good soldier through all the sh*t he went through in Carolina. Watson is the opposite, he would have demanded a trade after his third season.

well, Carolina, all things considered...is largely regarded as a pretty decent place to play over the years.   As fans we are hard on the org. we follow.   But we have seen enough players come in and talk about other orgs to know by NFL standards...it isn't bad. 

Houston by a lot of player accounts became a real cesspool.   Even in our dark times here, we haven't heard that.

I mean if we had an Easterby that was causing our players to revolt I think both Richardson and Tepper would simply of fired them.   Houston seems to be really unique mess right now. 

12 minutes ago, Zod said:

A whole lot of people are speculating on things that are much more complex than "oh they did cam wrong Deshaun won't come here". 

This isn't a part time job after highschool. 

I feel like every time the team makes an unpopular move, I hear people predicting that "nobody is going to want to come here".

I've yet to see any of that backlash actually happen.

5 minutes ago, Zod said:

You think this is the entire story or just one side of it?

Which part are you referring to because rhule saying he was excited to roll with cam and the released with a single picture is literally how it happened?

I know there is more to the story, i.e. things Cam did that haven't/might never come out, but Cam carried this franchise FOR YEARS. And from the Panthers twitter account you would have thought he was an average special teamer. 

Just now, SOJA said:

Which part are you referring to because rhule saying he was excited to roll with cam and the released with a single picture is literally how it happened?

I know there is more to the story, i.e. things Cam did that haven't/might never come out, but Cam carried this franchise FOR YEARS. And from the Panthers twitter account you would have thought he was an average special teamer. 

I remember there was word that Newton's "can't I get a little commitment" video didn't go over well with the Panthers.

3 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Did Cam ever address if he would simply play out his contract? 

I wanted to roll with Cam.  But I couldn’t of done it if he wanted an extension to play. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, Carolina, all things considered...is largely regarded as a pretty decent place to play over the years.   As fans we are hard on the org. we follow.   But we have seen enough players come in and talk about other orgs to know by NFL standards...it isn't bad. 

Houston by a lot of player accounts became a real cesspool.   Even in our dark times here, we haven't heard that.

I mean if we had an Easterby that was causing our players to revolt I think both Richardson and Tepper would simply of fired them.   Houston seems to be really unique mess right now. 

Depends what players you ask if I recall Deangelo, Steve, Beason and a couple others didn’t have much nice things to say about Carolina when they left. 

It’s not until recently that I started hearing this chatter out of Houston. So we shouldn't be acting so high and mighty 

And what would stop Watson from asking for another trade on his new team? 

11 minutes ago, ItsTheFluRe-Named said:

Yeah ..

The way Panthers handled Cam is a huge black mark on this franchise.

It's going to look even more ugly when Cam wins MVP in 2021 .. showing the only reason he only had 8 TD this season was due to an F- receiving group ..

And, guys .. I still remember .. "..Cam would never play on a 1 year prove it deal.." .. "..Cam will never last a full season again.."

People that were saying that, Cam's already proven wrong.

Cam won the NFL MVP with an F receiving group in 2015.