• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lance at #8?

NAS

52 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Yes.  Better question is what will the huddle reaction be if we trade the 8th pick before it's our turn and one of the huddles top 4 QB's is still on the board?  

Encouragement Dog Poop GIF

I would take it hard.  I would need some consoling from fellow Huddlers.

• Pie 1

It all hinges on the Jets at #2.  Nobody is trading up that high and if the Jets actually do trade back, they obviously have made their choice sticking with Darnold.  You don't defer on the remaining pick of the litter if you are serious about getting the best one.  If the Jets roll with Darnold at bare minimum, one of the remaining 3 QBs will be there at #8.  Now, will it be the Panthers preferred guy?  Who knows?  I know which of the three I want.

54 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I bet we have a choice between fields, lance and maybe Wilson now.   I am still not convinced atl is taking a an and the jets may roll with darnold 

If there are no trades, then maybe.  Who can afford to move up to the top 4? A team at #7-12 or so.

The Jets, Dolphins, Falcons, Bengals, Eagles, and maybe even the Lions could trade out-giving a QB starved team the slot. 

The Jets are the key. Will they go all in on Watson, or will they give Darnold a chance under the new coaching staff.

1 - Jets roll with Darnold, they stay at 2 and pick Sewell or Chase/Smith. 

2 - Jets roll with Darnold, and trade back. This would net them a 2nd this year, and another 1st next year. That would give them (2) 1st and (3) 2nds this year, and they would have (3) 1st next year. If Darnold works out, that is a lot of holes they could fill. If Darnold doesn't work out, they would have ammo to move up for Rattler or Howell next year.

3 - Jets trade Darnold, and draft a QB with the 2nd pick.

4 - Jets trade Darnold, and go all in on Watson with the 2nd pick being part of the deal. Houston then sits and takes QB at 2.

5 - Unlikely...Jets trade back, add a 2nd this year, and a 1st next year. Then having gathered more picks, they go all in on Watson without losing all of their draft picks. Houston probably would not like this.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I will probably laugh my ass off at the reactions.  But I do not take this stuff seriously.  

I am wrong about the draft (when a few years have passed) that I do not pretend to know more than the team scouts.  I was wrong about Cam, Luke, CMC.  Right about Thomas Davis (good pick--I defended him) and Kelvin Benjamin. 

4 minutes ago, Mother Grabber said:

I vote we hang tight at 8. If one of the top 4 fall to us we grab them. If not, we take BPA and go for Newman in the 2nd.

I predict that there will not be much difference between Lance and Jones. 

Lawrence:  Top pick

Wilson: Top 3 pick

Fields:  Top 5 pick

Lance: Top 10 pick

Jones: Top 15 pick.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

If there are no trades, then maybe.  Who can afford to move up to the top 4? A team at #7-12 or so.

The Jets, Dolphins, Falcons, Bengals, Eagles, and maybe even the Lions could trade out-giving a QB starved team the slot. 

Who would that be?  With all the uncertainty of grooming a young QB, teams with even average starters aren't going to send some sweetheart package for an unknown commodity.  That's the reason the Stafford-Goff trade was so eye-popping.  Two guys that are known commodities in the League.  I don't buy it for one second.  Maybe if the Jags somehow were shopping the #1 pick ( for Trevor) I could see someone packaging something ridiculous, but not for any of the other three.