Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Framing QB discussions with Trucks versus Trailers


Recommended Posts

I really like this as a way to frame QB discussions. There's little argument that Teddy is a Trailer, and one of the big concerns about Mac Jones is that he's going to be a Trailer as well. Fans clamor for Watson because he's one of the very few Trucks on the league.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they are calling Stafford a truck then why have the Lions sucked so much?

These analysts don't seem to think before they Tweet sometimes.

Teams have to be good to be good. It's not rocket surgery 

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Flames 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

If they are calling Stafford a truck then why have the Lions sucked so much?

These analysts don't seem to think before they Tweet sometimes.

I don’t think anything they wrote above indicated Stafford is a truck. 

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Moo Daeng said:

If they are calling Stafford a truck then why have the Lions sucked so much?

These analysts don't seem to think before they Tweet sometimes.

Because in real life, everything is on a spectrum.  There aren't just big semi trucks and full length trailers in the league.  There are some QBs that are F-150s or 250s, and they are capable of hauling average rosters (a boat trailer or small pop-up camper for example) behind them, but they can't tow a full trailer (e.g. the Detroit Lions).

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Varking said:

I don’t think anything they wrote above indicated Stafford is a truck. 

Didn't actually mention Stafford at all, just Goff and Wentz.

Makes sense to frame them together given when and where they were taken.

Edited by Mr. Scot
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mac Jones is fools gold I suspect.  He looks good because of the talent around him.  Has Mac Jones ever brought his team back in the fourth?  Has he ever LOST?  I could be wrong, but he hasn't shown any of the things you like to see in a college prospect.  He's a front runner.

I know I keep on about it, but if we're looking at that level of QB, I would much rather us take Trask than Jones if we assume the top four are off the table.  At least Trask has shown some of those things.  He's had adversity.  He's fought.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, trueblade said:

I really like this as a way to frame QB discussions. There's little argument that Teddy is a Trailer, and one of the big concerns about Mac Jones is that he's going to be a Trailer as well. Fans clamor for Watson because he's one of the very few Trucks on the league.

 

 

Teddy’s not a trailer. He’s one of those removable side rails on the trailer. If you get it secured correctly, it’ll hold everything in. If you happen to mess up securing it, well, there goes your couch, book shelf, and lawn mower lying on the side of the highway. 

Edited by Bama Panther
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Varking said:

I don’t think anything they wrote above indicated Stafford is a truck. 

I'm basing it on the things Jeremiah has said about Stafford recently.

He ranks him 6th coming in to this year with possibly being the best in the league. If that's not this notion of truck then what is?

Edited by Moo Daeng
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

Teddy’s not a trailer. He’s one of those removable side rails on the trailer. If you get it secured correctly, it’ll hold everything in. If you happen to mess up securing it, well, there goes your couch, book shelf, and lawn mower lying on the side of the highway. 

Maybe we should get some Teamsters opinions for this topic

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

If they are calling Stafford a truck then why have the Lions sucked so much?

These analysts don't seem to think before they Tweet sometimes.

Teams have to be good to be good. It's not rocket surgery 

It's unfortunately a very simplified way of looking at it, but that's Jeremiah and Bucky all over. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...