• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Two 1st, Two 2nd, 2 young players

AU-panther

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Why not? We pay Shaq’s contract this year if we trade him. Then he goes on to be the 16th highest paid linebacker in the league next year. They can also cut him post June 1 and only have 3.2 in dead cap the next year. I don’t think contract would have much to do with it.

This is why. He's a one year rental and then you have to rework that contract or cut him.

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is why. He's a one year rental and then you have to rework that contract or cut him.

They don’t have to rework his contract. He isn’t under performing. After this offseason Shaq’s contract numbers will be middle of the road starter linebacker pay.  They will have an affordable starting linebacker. 

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

They don’t have to rework his contract. He isn’t under performing. After this offseason Shaq’s contract numbers will be middle of the road starter linebacker pay.  They will have an affordable starting linebacker. 

He's not a pass rusher and he struggles in coverage. He IS underperforming. You can find clean up tacklers at the LB position for cheap.

Im all the way out on this.

Rather trade for a QB in the draft.

Seriously 

We have a OL eith only Paradis under contract next year.

So with this deal, we'd have Watson behind one of the worst OL in the NFL and have 9ne of the bottom 3 Defense's in the NFL.  

With no draft picks and no cap space, these glaring holes wouldn't be fixed.

Im sorry, no QB (Mahomes, Brady, etc) would carry that into the playoffs 

Seriously, how often have you seen a team with a bottom 3 in the league D make the playoffs?  And we're not even talking the patchwork OL

Edited by ncfan

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Im all the way out on this.

Rather trade for a QB in the draft.

Seriously 

We have a OL eith only Paradis under contract next year.

So with this deal, we'd have Watson behind one of the worst OL in the NFL and have 9ne of the bottom 3 Defense's in the NFL.  

With no draft picks and no cap space, these glaring holes wouldn't be fixed.

Im sorry, no QB (Mahomes, Brady, etc) would carry that into the playoffs 

Seriously, how often have you seen a team with a bottom 3 in the league D make the playoffs?  And we're not even talking the patchwork OL

So to trade up with still have to give up future 1sts and more for someone we don’t know if they will be anything instead of a 25 yr old qb that we know is great. I don’t know if I can agree on that one

Can’t do it for Burns and Chinn. You might be able to convince me one of them but at the point of two just trade up in the draft and hope for the best. Our defense would be trash until we restocked with a less chance of hitting without our 1st and 2nd rounders. I love deshaun and want him here badly but you can’t field a team by giving up that much capital and two of our best defensive players on cheap rookie contracts. 

but the thing people are not talking about is deshaun has said through “sources” he will not be traded to a team mortgaging their future for him. This is gonna be super interesting how this turns out. 

Edited by TheRumGone

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd consider that. I'd try to get at least a mid-rounder or two back from them. Two 1sts, two 2nds, and two defensive starters is a STEEP ask.

They're needing to replace JJ Watt.

You might be able to negotiate on the second player, but there's no way that first one isn't Brian Burns.

2 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Not really losing much with Jackson and with Shaq it would be a wash because although he is very solid (and underrated by many on this board) getting rid of that contract will help us tremendously in the long run and I believe replacing him would be much easier. 

If you believe you're not losing much in trading a player, what makes you so sure the Texans would be interested in them?

Edited by Mr. Scot

7 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

So to trade up with still have to give up future 1sts and more for someone we don’t know if they will be anything instead of a 25 yr old qb that we know is great. I don’t know if I can agree on that one

Your still only giving up 3-4 picks

Yes, its less of a guaranteed.

But you make that deal for Watson.  You are essentially taking the entire defense away, and mow have 0 picks to fix it, and 0 cap to fix it.

You now have Watson, playing behind a patch work at best OL with 0 picks and 0 cap to fix it.  One thing to keep jn mind as well.  We're banking on Moton, with Watson's deal and CMC's deal, we're not going to be able to afford him.  So your litterally have no chance but to start Little, Daley, Paradis, a Chris Scott, and a Mike Remmers type OL your looking at, BEST case scenio.

Your taking 8 steps backwards for 1 step forward.  Watson behind that OL woupd get killed, and then you'd HAVE to rely on him to put up a min of 30 ppg and thats not even an exaggeration