• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The new sheriff(s) in town

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He is actually less talented than Teddy, IMO. 

Athletically, 100% agreed.  I think Jones' ceiling is very low.  'Bama QBs flourish in college because of the 4 & 5 star talent all around them.  Heck, look at Tua.  Before his injury looked like the best thing since sliced bread.  He went to Miami with mixed results, at best, and I don't think it anything to do with lingering affects of his past injuries at 'Bama.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just for fun, a reminder of something David Tepper said about why he liked Matt Rhule...

"He dresses like (bleep) and sweats all over himself. He dresses like me, so I have to love the guy."

I don't think he's commented on Scott Fitterer's fashion sense yet 🤔

Edited by Mr. Scot

Just now, 45catfan said:

Athletically, 100% agreed.  I think Jones' ceiling is very low.  'Bama QBs flourish in college because of the 4 & 5 star talent all around them.  Heck, look at Tua.  Before his injury looked like the best thing since sliced bread.  He went to Miami with mixed results, at best, and I don't think it anything to do with lingering affects of his past injuries at 'Bama.

I would disagree with that. Tua looks line a shadow of his former self IMO.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Lol. According to?

Albert Breer and Peter King, among others.

Plenty of people have reported on the story. Simms is the only one to say this. And it's not like PFT is known for complete accuracy in their reporting.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

In a similar vein...

Call me crazy, but I kind of think using your first round pick on someone other than a guy who became your third string quarterback might have improved things just a little.

The fact he said he has no regrets should be enough to fire the guy for doing a terrible job.

• Pie 1