• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who is one surprise QB...

methodtoll

5 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Remember it is also the last year of his rookie deal. So it would be a 2nd round draft pick for a one year rental.

Say we trade for him and take his rookie contract.  Can we select to use the option.  He is a 1st round pick.  I'm not sure if the option year is still available if he is traded.  That's why I said 2 years.  But if not your right 1 year rental.  

That said I probably wouldn't cough up more than a 3rd. 

9 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Say we trade for him and take his rookie contract.  Can we select to use the option.  He is a 1st round pick.  I'm not sure if the option year is still available if he is traded.  That's why I said 2 years.  But if not your right 1 year rental.  

That said I probably wouldn't cough up more than a 3rd. 

NVM

Edited by kungfoodude

58 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not sure I'd even trade a 6th rounder for him.

He was overdrafted and looked so bad that he lost out on the backup position to a guy who wasn't drafted at all.

Are you thinking of Deshone Kizer? Because this is Jordan Love's rookie season without a preseason. Pretty sure he's not done much wrong yet....

6 minutes ago, Catsmiaow said:

Are you thinking of Deshone Kizer? Because this is Jordan Love's rookie season without a preseason. Pretty sure he's not done much wrong yet....

No, I'm thinking of Love, and he's definitely not done anything that makes me think he's worth trading for.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

No, I'm thinking of Love, and he's definitely not done anything that makes me think he's worth trading for.

So you expected a rookie in a season which lacked a training camp or preseason games to beat out Aaron Rodgers and start in the first game, or be good enough to replace him during his MVP season?

Woof. High bar.

I'm not sure how you can make a judgement on a guy who hasn't even had an opportunity to play in the NFL. He may have been overdrafted, but he was still a first rounder. He has the athletic ceiling of Lance without having to spend nearly as much capital. Even Lance only has a sample size of one college season and at a much lower level. If you can consider Lance an option, surely Love is no worse?

Edited by Catsmiaow
  • Pie 1

Just now, Catsmiaow said:

So you expected a rookie in a season which lacked a preseason to beat out Aaron Rodgers and start in the first game, or be good enough to replace him during his MVP season?

Woof. High bar.

I'm not sure how you can make a judgement on a guy who hasn't even had an opportunity to play in the NFL. He may have been overdrafted, but he was still a first rounder. He has the athletic ceiling of Lance without having to spend nearly as much capital. Even Lance only has a sample size of one college season and at a much lower level. If you can consider Lance an option, surely Love is no worse?

If I'm gonna trade for him, I need a reason.

"He might be good" isn't a reason.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Surprise? We got girls playing NCAA football.  We got Tom Brady talking about playing past the age of 45.  

we pulled Vinny T off the couch at 44 years old.  I see nological reason why we don't bring in a 46 year old Jake Delhomme off the horse farm.  That arm has had a lot of rest.  Plenty of time for Jake to of defeated Tommy Jone.    

Hell yeah.  Jake has been out there muckin stalls for the last 10 years.  Hes probably good to go.  Lets try and sign Smitty and Moose again - really get the band back together.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

If I'm gonna trade for him, I need a reason.

"He might be good" isn't a reason.

I would think that's self evident. He is young on a cheap rookie contract (no risk), would probably cost at most a mid round pick and has upside. Of course it's not guaranteed. This is a thread entitled surprise QB, not dead certainty saviour of the franchise suggestions. You're welcome to feel however you want and you may be correct, but my suggestion isn't unreasonable. Sorry that it offends you so. You must be fun at parties 

3 minutes ago, Catsmiaow said:

I would think that's self evident. He is young on a cheap rookie contract (no risk), would probably cost at most a mid round pick and has upside. Of course it's not guaranteed. This is a thread entitled surprise QB, not dead certainty saviour of the franchise suggestions. You're welcome to feel however you want and you may be correct, but my suggestion isn't unreasonable. Sorry that it offends you so. You must be fun at parties 

"Young and on a cheap contract" probably describes a dozen or so backup QBs around the league plus a few starters.

Frankly, it's a pretty low standard.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

"Young and on a cheap contract" probably describes a dozen or so backup QBs around the league plus a few starters.

Frankly, it's a pretty low standard.

I can't follow your logic. On the one hand you hate the idea of acquiring someone who 'might be good.'

So I guess you must hate the draft

On the other hand, because bad quarterbacks exist on teams (known quantities at the NFL which Love isn't) that is enough to persuade you that he will never amount to a hill of beans.

If he sucks and he might, you cut him. Costs you a mid rounder for the trade. To me that looks better than TB.

But look if you want to hold out for Deshaun you may be setting yourself up for disappointment.