• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Guy makes a lot of sense about us and Watson. (Good Read)

Big Sexy

9 hours ago, Big Sexy said:

The problem I have with Bridgewater isnt his skill set, even thought that could be improved.  It's his decisions in the clutch are what eats at me.  Even if their was another qb available with many of the same characteristics as TB thats fine as long has he is a guy with more moxy who doesnt take the big sack and is more dependable in the clutch.

Edited by TheMaulClaw
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

I agreed with everything here except his Derek Carr comments. 

Agreed. Carr is good, Gruden just always thinks the QB grass is greener on the other side of the fence. If Gruden stupidly parts ways with him we should absolutely be (very) interested. We just made a very aggressive trade offer for a QB with virtually identical stats this season who is four years older.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

7 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

The  best comment in the article was  :  The bigger risk , is not taking one at all " 

Not addressing the QB situation this off season just puts us another year in waiting. 

I don't agree with this. I'd honestly rather do nothing at all than send #8 and more to Philly for Wentz.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

I don’t think we are in on the wentz deal they said colts and bears. What I heard bears are the front runners

If we strike out on Watson and strike out in the draft, Trubisky would be an upgrade from Teddy. I just wouldn't want to pay him elite money. I mean, you wouldn't have to but his contract plus Teddy's dead money would equal elite money.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I don’t think we are in on the wentz deal they said colts and bears. What I heard bears are the front runners

I have heard absolutely nothing about us and Wentz. I have heard everything about us and Watson. We are as all in as all in can get, and Watson wants to be here. It's either us or he stays a Texan.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 5

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't agree with this. I'd honestly rather do nothing at all than send #8 and more to Philly for Wentz.

I don't think we're looking at Wentz,,  but if we were..  I'd rather try that than to sit with Teddy another season..  staying with Teddy is not moving forward....  It'll be another year of  4- 7 wins and we won't be in better shape in doing this.  

I would not take  Jimmy Clausen for a number 8 pick..   I don't think Wentz will even get a number one pick.  

2 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

I don't think we're looking at Wentz,,  but if we were..  I'd rather try that than to sit with Teddy another season..  staying with Teddy is not moving forward....  It'll be another year of  4- 7 wins and we won't be in better shape in doing this.  

I would not take  Jimmy Clausen for a number 8 pick..   I don't think Wentz will even get a number one pick.  

If we strike out on Watson and strike out in the draft, I'm ready to cut Teddy and just let Grier deliver that '22 #1 overall pick. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we strike out on Watson and strike out in the draft, I'm ready to cut Teddy and just let Grier deliver that '22 #1 overall pick. 

This is not going to happen. If we do not land Watson we will trade up for a QB or find some other QB on the market.