• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marcus Mariotta?

raleigh-panther

People need to stop thinking you need to suck to draft your next QB. Build a great team/foundation while constantly looking for the right fit. Russ Wilson was a 3rd rounder, Tom Brady 6th, Rodgers at the bottom of the 1st, Drew Brees 2nd rounder, Lamar Jackson bottom of the first, Watson was picked up at 12 (trade up), Mahomes at  10 (trade up), Dak was a 4th rounder. These franchises built a solid team which helped their new QBs succeed. We have the right staff and young pieces on offense and defense. Tanking to draft or thinking we can never get a good QB if we are average are proven to not be true. Next year’s first is fine to jump up and get our guy, but we need to keep building our team. We are far from a finished product and even if we don’t get a top QB, we can prepare our team for when the moment strikes to get one. 

• Pie 1

On 2/9/2021 at 12:42 PM, raleigh-panther said:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/09/panthers-most-veteran-qb-trade-talks/?fbclid=IwAR3qbf_uSTNAFdGRO3HWU51AF-N6TfrN3C4O3vdxlu435k6ulon3sqFvo7k

Why not. Young. Mobile. Firmer number one.  Wouldn’t be as expensive 

could buy time as the Panthers address all the other needs. 

I actually think this could be in the cards.. he looked niice in the MNF game when Carr pulled a groin

41 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

People need to stop thinking you need to suck to draft your next QB. Build a great team/foundation while constantly looking for the right fit. Russ Wilson was a 3rd rounder, Tom Brady 6th, Rodgers at the bottom of the 1st, Drew Brees 2nd rounder, Lamar Jackson bottom of the first, Watson was picked up at 12 (trade up), Mahomes at  10 (trade up), Dak was a 4th rounder. These franchises built a solid team which helped their new QBs succeed. We have the right staff and young pieces on offense and defense. Tanking to draft or thinking we can never get a good QB if we are average are proven to not be true. Next year’s first is fine to jump up and get our guy, but we need to keep building our team. We are far from a finished product and even if we don’t get a top QB, we can prepare our team for when the moment strikes to get one. 

Exactly how I feel about it too. You need a supporting cast for any QB... Don't forget scheme either. Its a team sport.

On 2/9/2021 at 12:42 PM, raleigh-panther said:

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/02/09/panthers-most-veteran-qb-trade-talks/?fbclid=IwAR3qbf_uSTNAFdGRO3HWU51AF-N6TfrN3C4O3vdxlu435k6ulon3sqFvo7k

Why not. Young. Mobile. Firmer number one.  Wouldn’t be as expensive 

could buy time as the Panthers address all the other needs. 

Teddy Bridgewater, same thing in June 2020. 

Let's pass on this one.

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Teddy Bridgewater, same thing in June 2020. 

Let's pass on this one.

Don’t disagree

Marcus has talent and sometimes the system doesn’t suit the player or the coach doesn't suit the player as we saw with Tannehill 

give me a choice of another year with Teddy or giving Marcus a chance and fill holes In the draft, I’d take Marcus 

It just seems to me that the Panthers  have to gut their team to get one of the upper level veterans  and / or trade up in the draft 

i hope they stay put and are able to get Lance but who knows. Still a long time to end of April

what I know is they  dont have an oline or a QB1 and it becomes chicken or egg.

I wish I had more faith in Rhule who approved Teddy coming here in the first place. Just tired of the Panthers acting like the player they wanted was thrust upon them