• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson Update

Calboyz13

2 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

There is nothing realistic about your take.

You can say anything as you have zero responsibility for and nothing on the line. As a fan you can praise a move like that and when it bites the team in the ass you can retroactively criticize it as is typical.

LOL OK

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

1st rounders are hugely valuable, but I feel like Panthers fans have a distorted view of that value. For the most part under Hurney, only 1st round picks mattered. The majority of the rest of the picks might as well have been spent on drafting Huddlers. The results wouldn't have changed significantly.

And Hurney lost his job when he started trading them (Otah and E. Brown). 

Next year's first has second-round value this year.

2023, by that logic, has a third-round value.

I look at rounds 2-3 last year and think we drafted 2 players that might have had first round value in some drafts.  YGM is developing ahead of Johnson and Hardy.  Chinn, if the draft were this year, would be a first rounder.  So if you have the scouts to find the talent later in the draft, you can overcome the cost of losing the first rounders.  But you are right--when round 1 is all you got--it makes it difficult to trade that pick

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, joemac said:

What makes you think his injuries last year had anything to do with his previous usage?  He sprained his ankle, and then hurt his shoulder....what are you talking about?

He had 3 separate injuries over the course of the season and this is after over 700 touches from the past 2 seasons.  So you think its all a coinky dink that he started breaking down this year?

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He had 3 separate injuries over the course of the season and this is after over 700 touches from the past 2 seasons.  So you think its all a coinky dink that he started breaking down this year?

He didnt "start breaking down".  He had a badly sprained ankle, and then jammed his shoulder.  Neither have anything to do with over usage.  And I would imagine that had we been a good team, and been in the hunt, CMC would have been playing at the end of the year.    

1 minute ago, joemac said:

He didnt "start breaking down".  He had a badly sprained ankle, and then jammed his shoulder.  Neither have anything to do with over usage.  And I would imagine that had we been a good team, and been in the hunt, CMC would have been playing at the end of the year.    

Well good luck with that then

13 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

And Hurney lost his job when he started trading them (Otah and E. Brown). 

Next year's first has second-round value this year.

2023, by that logic, has a third-round value.

I look at rounds 2-3 last year and think we drafted 2 players that might have had first round value in some drafts.  YGM is developing ahead of Johnson and Hardy.  Chinn, if the draft were this year, would be a first rounder.  So if you have the scouts to find the talent later in the draft, you can overcome the cost of losing the first rounders.  But you are right--when round 1 is all you got--it makes it difficult to trade that pick

The big benefit of 1st rounders IMO is they're absolutely your best opportunity to add elite talent for the best value. I wouldn't trade 1st round picks wantonly but legit franchise QBs are the hardest roster piece to find and they're required if you want to compete for Super Bowls.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

and you forgot to add that only played in 3 games this season due to multiple injuries from getting run into the ground his 2nd and 3rd seasons. 

Lol he wasn't hurt that bad. 

He was smartly shelved in a year we weren't going to do anything. 

If we were a legitimate contender he would have played. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The big benefit of 1st rounders IMO is they're absolutely your best opportunity to add elite talent for the best value. I wouldn't trade 1st round picks wantonly but legit franchise QBs are the hardest roster piece to find and they're required if you want to compete for Super Bowls.

Yes--ONLY to get a legit franchise QB

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Sure thing 

I agree with the other 2 posters here. It's ridiculous for you to claim Mccaffrey's 2 different, unrelated injuries this year had anything to do with him being "ran into the ground" the prior two seasons. The team had no reason to rush him back when you consider our record in 2020.

I have to question your motive when you adamantly want to trade away our best player (and one of the best in the NFL). Why the hell would the Panthers want to trade him?