• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hypothetical team combos from 2003, 2015

Mr. Scot

The top seems like the fairly obvious answer if only for the 2003 defense and Smith and a les cutesy running game. But which offensive line is the most important decision that has been left out.

Fox teams seemed to rise to the occasion more. 

I think Henning and Cam might not have been a bad combo.

Edited by Moo Daeng

Just now, OneBadCat said:

Definitely the top on personnel but I don’t trust John Fox with Cam Newton. Even Rivera was more innovative than Fox was.

Coaching questions on this give me pause.

John Fox would have absolutely no idea what to do with Cam Newton and would use an OC that wouldn't either. That likely blunts Newton's impact.

On the flipside, while Norv Turner could probably work well with Delhomme, Jake wouldn't have the ability to save a game the way Rivera frequently needed Cam to.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Coaching questions on this give me pause.

John Fox would have absolutely no idea what to do with Cam Newton and would use an OC that wouldn't either. That likely blunts Newton's impact.

On the flipside, while Norv Turner could probably work well with Delhomme, Jake wouldn't have the ability to save a game the way Rivera frequently needed Cam to.

On the flip side though. I always wanted Cam behind center more often. I think he could have shined in a traditional offense if Rivera didn’t go for the quickest route to success. He limited what the offense could do when we relied so heavily on RPO. We got predictable. 

2011 When Cam was a rookie was a ton of fun because Chud and Cam took it as a challenge to air it out. We did a lot of single back and I formations that year.

Edited by OneBadCat