• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Voth on the QB situation...

*FreeFua*

3 minutes ago, Woody26 said:

And I think that's an accurate assessment. Everyone has been quick to say "well look what Stafford would cost" yet it would've costed us a lot less if they took our offer. Ours was realistic for the market.

People crying out "well look what Philly only got for Wentz"...well what should they expect from damaged goods essentially with Wentz trying to bounce back from a horrible year. 

3 1's, 2 2's and Teddy is what you likely are looking at or something in that range. I still think that Houston would want DJ to help alleviate the Hopkins trade

The word out of Houston has been that if they do the trade (which is definitely not happening right now) they'll want at least one and possibly two defensive starters in return. Brian Burns, Jeremy Chinn and Donte Jackson have been mentioned as examples.

Burns probably makes the most sense since he'd give them a shot of replacing what they had in JJ Watt.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The word out of Houston has been that if they do the trade (which is definitely not happening right now) they'll want at least one and possibly two defensive starters in return. Brian Burns, Jeremy Chinn and Donte Jackson have been mentioned as examples.

Burns probably makes the most sense since he'd give them a shot of replacing what they had in JJ Watt.

Right and I've seen the reports of the two defensive starters but our top two defensive guys are on draft deals and cornerstone pieces for that unit. This is where you lose me. Donte, fine. I'm not giving all the capital + two young studs. I know they have every right to ask for that and likely have to start there so the price can be bidded down.

Would you give up 3 1's, 2 2's, teddy, burns, and Chinn or keep everything and pay Dak top money?

I want Watson more than anyone but if you're spending 2 years in 49-45 shootouts and are on the losing end more than the other it's not worth it

1 minute ago, Woody26 said:

Right and I've seen the reports of the two defensive starters but our top two defensive guys are on draft deals and cornerstone pieces for that unit. This is where you lose me. Donte, fine. I'm not giving all the capital + two young studs. I know they have every right to ask for that and likely have to start there so the price can be bidded down.

Would you give up 3 1's, 2 2's, teddy, burns, and Chinn or keep everything and pay Dak top money?

I want Watson more than anyone but if you're spending 2 years in 49-45 shootouts and are on the losing end more than the other it's not worth it

I could live with giving up Donte but both Rhule and Fitterer have talked him up as part of the future.

I'd say they think more of him than I do. And of course it's their call.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The thing for me is, if they want Burns and Chinn, then that’s it, no picks. Actually landing high performance draft picks is not easy and having them under rookie contract counts for something as well. I know Watson is good and all but his contract also severely limits what you can do as far as adding talent around him. That’s going to require draft picks so we can’t give up good players on rookie deals plus draft picks on rookie deals for at least the next 4-5 years just for a talented QB. 

4 minutes ago, Woody26 said:

You would have to most likely trade for Dak also.  They can tag him. 

9 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

The thing for me is, if they want Burns and Chinn, then that’s it, no picks. Actually landing high performance draft picks is not easy and having them under rookie contract counts for something as well. I know Watson is good and all but his contract also severely limits what you can do as far as adding talent around him. That’s going to require draft picks so we can’t give up good players on rookie deals plus draft picks on rookie deals for at least the next 4-5 years just for a talented QB. 

Our resident Kung Fu Master said something similar, and it's valid.

24 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I hate that some legit draft experts have Sewell falling to the panthers. He is my "watson" dream with it being harder to find a great LT than great QB.

I get wanting to have a sportscar with brand new paint and having it look like the best car on the road.

At some point you have to ensure it runs correctly.

Right now, if our franchise was a car, we're a fixer-upper at best.

18 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I could live with giving up Donte but both Rhule and Fitterer have talked him up as part of the future.

I'd say they think more of him than I do. And of course it's their call.

You do remember the last couple times Rhule talked someone up. I think they got cut twice so not a good thing to be Jackson lol