• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Broncos bow out of race for Watson.

Verge

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Taking off my homer glasses, the Jets have some HUGE advantages.

1. They have the #2 overall pick. They can guarantee the Texans the #2 QB prospect in this draft (a.k.a. Zach Wilson)

2. They have Sam Darnold to potentially dangle if the Texans have any interest. He has a lot more upside than Teddy.

3. They have a second 1st round pick in this year's draft to offer where we would be limited to offering future 1sts beyond #8.

4. The Jets are reportedly his preferred destination and he has a no trade clause so he has to okay any trade before it can be finalized.

Overall, I still think he's the Jets to lose but we're a live dog.

You're not wrong, but there's also the fact that the Jets can just draft Zach Wilson at #2 and use the other picks they have to build around him. They might find that preferable to giving up a ton of picks for Watson.

• Pie 3

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I never talk to myself. Only to the other voices in my head.

At work when we were in the office still it's funny because me and the woman next to me always talk out loud to ourselves and poo talk the screen when programming it's apparently a good watch.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

But put yourself in their shoes. You want a defensive starter. I want Burns. If I can't get him, I want Brown or Chinn. That's the end of the list.

Pretty much. If they want defensive starters I don’t see how we top anyone’s offer while holding onto Burns.

3 1st rounders is a given. 

Mayyyyybe if we offered CMC and YGM we might get it done? But like you, I agree, it starts with those 3 if I’m Houston 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CatalystNX said:

You're not wrong, but there's also the fact that the Jets can just draft Zach Wilson at #2 and use the other picks they have to build around him. They might find that preferable to giving up a ton of picks for Watson.

Yep. That's a huge x factor here. If you're sold on Wilson you're dumb to trade a huge haul for Watson. Just make the pick and keep all those other assets to keep building.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, top dawg said:

If teams are not willing to give us as much or more than we are, all that doesn't matter. The only teams that could in theory outbid us are likely the Jets and the Dolphins. We have a top 10 pick this year, and some young players that will appeal to Houston as capital. Stop acting like we're bereft of trade capital.

It’s not about trade capital and what we can give. I explained this to y’all with Stafford and y’all didn’t listen. It’s even more so the case with DW. 

• Poo 1