• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kiper Mock 2.0: Mac Jones to Panthers at #8.

Proudiddy

This was nothing more than a ploy to have him get the Patriots Trey Lance.

They had a SC Kiper Mock special yesterday evening including Kiper, some ESPN analyst, and Jim Nagy from the Senior bowl.

The Mac Jones pick.

After spending several minutes per pick talking about each player.

At our Pick, they announced it and immediately stated "we'll get back to the Mac Pick".  Then went on to announce the Patriots trade and pick all giddy.

They then went on to talk about the 2 picks.  The only thing they had to say about the Panthers was Rhule coaching Jones.  They then continued to defend Jones stating "its not just about tools in the NFL".  "Mac is a smart player." Etc etc.

Then they immediately went on to the Lance pick.  Their tone and volume and voice grew Super excited.  They pulled a 180 talking about how good Lance's "tools" are, not 90 seconds after telling everyone that the "tools didnt matter".  One Analyst called Lance a "Freak" and 2 others said Lance is the better player.

• Beer 1

I havent lived in Charlotte in years and I have no sources within the organization at all.  The only person I know that even works there is a dude I went to high school with and he started in the ticket dept in 1997 and has worked his way up and around. 

Having said that I am not really close to him but I am close to his best friend and last night we had a high school zoom meet up to check in on a bunch of us.    Towards the end after a few people had dropped out someone asked the Panther dude about the draft and the team in general and he didnt say much about watson or the draft just the same general things you read here or online.  But he did say something that caught my ears, he said he has personally heard Rhule talking about mac jones and others in the building that seem high on him. 

Not sure what any of that means but thought it was telling that he went out of his way to mention Jones on this zoom meet up knowing we are all fans.

I debated even posting this but I said eff it since I hardly ever get anything close to "insider info" anymore.

Take it what you will but I am pretty sure its legit and not some elaborate counter intelligence or whatever.  In processing this I am thinking that maybe they believe that Jones can play right away and with the core on offense maybe we can do some damage.

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

wilson & lance played in the B league in college

jones played in the semi-pro league

im a lot higher on this kid than most of you

Jones played in the semi-pro league with 8 of the top 100 prospects in this draft.  He will not have that same cushion in the NFL. 

• Flames 1

17 minutes ago, Scott12345 said:

wilson & lance played in the B league in college

jones played in the semi-pro league

im a lot higher on this kid than most of you

Jones is B league with All-Pro nfl players around him. Yeah probably just you and that beerfacelegend guy that use to be on here are the only ones that are high on him.

On 2/25/2021 at 8:44 PM, kungfoodude said:

He wasn't very good and cost us the bulk of the victories in the second half of the season. He just isn't capable of being a full time starter in the NFL. Damn good backup guy but not a starter in the NFL.

Okung was very good when he played. Little was fuging awful. I am not sure why he hasn't just been cut yet. 

I wondered that last year.  Yall kept telling me how good Little was and that I only needed to give him time.  I hope Rhule has a short string and that Training camp will be a growing experience for Little or we have wasted another draft pick on a Marty trade up.  Well I rather have Lance over Fields or Jones.  I just hope Teppers ego doesn't get in front of his brains an trades for Watson.  We don't need to waste number ones for an okay QB.  

4 minutes ago, cmichd54 said:

I wondered that last year.  Yall kept telling me how good Little was and that I only needed to give him time.  I hope Rhule has a short string and that Training camp will be a growing experience for Little or we have wasted another draft pick on a Marty trade up.  Well I rather have Lance over Fields or Jones.  I just hope Teppers ego doesn't get in front of his brains an trades for Watson.  We don't need to waste number ones for an okay QB.  

Trust me, I wasn't one on that Little bandwagon. I was against drafting him when we did and I stand by that assessment. 

I am fine trading for Watson. It's unlikely any of these QB's in this draft will be as good as he is, so I get the desire to trade for a surefire star QB. But, we aren't 3-4 years into our rebuild, we just got past year one. I doesn't make sense to sell off the entire team to get him. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Jones is B league with All-Pro nfl players around him. Yeah probably just you and that beerfacelegend guy that use to be on here are the only ones that are high on him.

BurnNChinn they thought the same thing about Delhomme in New Orleans.  Why they let us sign him away.  Any QB we draft is going to be thrown to the wolves unless we can pick up some solid OLine this year. We still need a tackle, center, and a guard.  We are a year behind since we went all defense last year.

4 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I havent lived in Charlotte in years and I have no sources within the organization at all.  The only person I know that even works there is a dude I went to high school with and he started in the ticket dept in 1997 and has worked his way up and around. 

Having said that I am not really close to him but I am close to his best friend and last night we had a high school zoom meet up to check in on a bunch of us.    Towards the end after a few people had dropped out someone asked the Panther dude about the draft and the team in general and he didnt say much about watson or the draft just the same general things you read here or online.  But he did say something that caught my ears, he said he has personally heard Rhule talking about mac jones and others in the building that seem high on him. 

Not sure what any of that means but thought it was telling that he went out of his way to mention Jones on this zoom meet up knowing we are all fans.

I debated even posting this but I said eff it since I hardly ever get anything close to "insider info" anymore.

Take it what you will but I am pretty sure its legit and not some elaborate counter intelligence or whatever.  In processing this I am thinking that maybe they believe that Jones can play right away and with the core on offense maybe we can do some damage.

That is a fuging nightmare scenario. Jones would really have to be a Tom Brady level competitor for him to rise above his below average to average NFL skillset.