• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: 49ers called Panthers about Teddy Bridgewater

WarPanthers89

34 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Yikes. 

Look man, I love Teddy the person. I was born and raised in Louisville. I was at the Sugar Bowl in the student section when he whooped the Gators in what at the time was the biggest upset in BCS bowl game history. Hell, my 10 year old Dog who I've had since he was a puppy is NAMED Teddy. Teddy Bridgewater is on my Louisville Athletics Mt. Rushmore. Like I said, I LOVE Teddy. 

But this take? Not even insinuating, but outright saying that DJ Moore, Curtis Samuel and Robby Anderson can't beat tight man and THATS why the offense struggled? I can't get behind that. Thjs is close to the worst take in the history of this message board and I was here for the Jimmy Clausen truthers.

There are numerous examples of all 3 of those WRs bailing Teddy out on poor throws, being missed on deep throws either because Teddy lacks the arm strength to get them the ball. At the end of the day simply does not have the physical tools to get it done at the NFL level as a high end starter. 

Do better man.

If Teddy was the only quarterback that missed throws and had receivers make plays for him, you would have a point. But for some one who claims to know Teddy as well as you say, you seem to have surrendered your independent frame of reference, in order to following this finicky crowd chasing unicorns. I'm guessing you just need to fit in. Maybe you could do better.  

Edited by Breakpoint4510
spelling
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

15 minutes ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

If Teddy was the only quarterback that missed throws and had receivers make plays for him, you would have a point. But for some one who claims to know Teddy as well as you say, you seem to have surrendered your independent frame of reference, in order to following this finicky crowd chasing unicorns. I'm guessing you just need to fit in. Maybe you could do better.  

There is no finicky crowd. Most, if not all, Panthers fans agree that Teddy Checkdown isn’t good enough. 15 TDs FIFTEEN is all he has thrown as a starter. That is bad. Really bad. 

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

There is no finicky crowd. Most, if not all, Panthers fans agree that Teddy Checkdown isn’t good enough. 15 TDs FIFTEEN is all he has thrown as a starter. That is bad. Really bad. 

Sad is believing that most Panther fans follow this forum. Delusion is believing that they agree with you.  

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 2

23 minutes ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

I Teddy was the only quarterback that missed throws and had receivers make plays for him, you would have a point. But for some one who claims to know Teddy, you seem to be surrendering your independent frame of reference, and following this finicky crowd chasing unicorns. You do better.  

I dont disagree all QBs miss receivers. I would argue Teddy benefited from one of the best receiving corps in the league. You seem to believe the numbers are what they are solely because of Teddy.

I'm also not chasing unicorns. This whole thread is full of you throwing out outlandish claims and deflecting blame from every single person not named Teddy Bridgewater. Not once have you acknowledged any of Teddys shortcomings. Every response is hyper critical of the offensive line, the receivers, the coaching staff, etc. Not once have you acknowledged Teddy has done any wrong. You are painting this picture that Teddy Bridgewater is on the same tier as Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers or any of the other top QBs in the game.

If Teddy played as great as you've claimed Ruhle wouldn't have made the comments about him needing to have a tremendous off-season and needing to get better.

If Teddy played as great as you claimed, we wouldn't have been in the process of finalizing a deal to send the 8th overall pick to the Lions for Matt freaking Stafford. 

If Teddy played as well as you claimed we very likely are a playoff team.

If Teddy played as well as you claimed we would be talking about getting a franchise LT at 8. We'd be talking about potentially getting a stud MLB like Micah Parsons. Yhe thought of taking the 4th best QB in the draft would not be entertained. 

I like everyone else in this thread want my team to win. QB is the most important piece to a team. If theres a chance to get better than average performance for less salary I want the option explored. 

• Flames 1

27 minutes ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

Sad is believing that most Panther fans follow this forum. Delusion is believing that they agree with you.  

Hey Teddy everyone believes him and we can’t wait till your gone soon. Believe me there will be so many threads started glorifying Tepper for cutting u. I don’t even care if you get traded, ur gone no matter what. Bye

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

I like how you keep ignoring stats. Delusion? Talk to anyone on this forum besides you and they will all say Teddy needs to go. You are fighting a one man battle bub. 

2 hours ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

So you expect Teddy to cover for a Rookie Play caller, a Rookie coach, a tissue thin defense, a patch work offensive line and a injured running back, with three smallish receivers and no tight end. Well he did, but the Einsteins here believe you can get blood out of an onion.

Teddy squeezed as much as he could out of this lemon, but NFL coordinators will eventually take away what you do well, and in this case it was the three amigos that couldn't consistently beat the tight man to man.

What I'm doing here is giving Teddy the same slack that you are giving Brady, Rhule, the o-line and the defense.  

Whatever man. Just keep on rolling with those strawmen and complete lack of any factual basis while also inadvertently supporting the notion that Teddy needs perfection around him for his teams to win and can't elevate on his own. You do you.

Edited by KSpan

4 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

I dont disagree all QBs miss receivers. I would argue Teddy benefited from one of the best receiving corps in the league. You seem to believe the numbers are what they are solely because of Teddy.

Where was the receiving corps before Teddy got here? Again, three receivers putting up numbers playing with Teddy Bridgewater. Remember he had a rookie coach, an rookie play caller, no tight end, and a bunch of back up running backs. You just have no appreciation what so ever.

I'm also not chasing unicorns. This whole thread is full of you throwing out outlandish claims and deflecting blame from every single person not named Teddy Bridgewater. Not once have you acknowledged any of Teddys shortcomings. Every response is hyper critical of the offensive line, the receivers, the coaching staff, etc. Not once have you acknowledged Teddy has done any wrong. You are painting this picture that Teddy Bridgewater is on the same tier as Patrick Mahomes, Aaron Rodgers or any of the other top QBs in the game.

That's called balance, because not one of these piranhas acknowledged the obstacles Teddy had to overcome in order to have any success for this team. Not one of them, feel free to include yourself, even acknowledge that he had any success with this team. Now you have the audacity to expect me to throw chum to the ungrateful blood suckers.  Not happening.

If Teddy played as great as you've claimed Ruhle wouldn't have made the comments about him needing to have a tremendous off-season and needing to get better. 

Practicing against this defense? What kind of off season do you think he's going to have.

If Teddy played as great as you claimed, we wouldn't have been in the process of finalizing a deal to send the 8th overall pick to the Lions for Matt freaking Stafford. 

I thought you said you weren't into unicorns.  You really think the Panthers would give up their first pick for a player with two years left in his career? So with your top lip you claim that Rhule laid down the law to Teddy , and with your bottom lip you claim that Rhule was ready to throw away his first pick in the upcoming draft for a washed out 40 year old. Is he someone with credibility, or is he a desperate rookie throwing hail marys.

4 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

If Teddy played as well as you claimed we very likely are a playoff team.

Teddy played well enough to get this team four wins, and stay competitive in eight to ten others.

If Teddy played as well as you claimed we would be talking about getting a franchise LT at 8. We'd be talking about potentially getting a stud MLB like Micah Parsons. Yhe thought of taking the 4th best QB in the draft would not be entertained.

That's what you should be doing anyway. 

I like everyone else in this thread want my team to win. QB is the most important piece to a team. If theres a chance to get better than average performance for less salary I want the option explored. 

How is wrecking the teams future for what may or may not be a marginal upgrade at one position helping with the winning thing.  Fantasy league transactions are not fit for the NFL.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Breakpoint4510 said:

You really think the Panthers would give up their first pick for a player with two years left in his career? 

We almost did, and actually would have if not for the Rams coming along with a better offer.

That's been confirmed by more than one source.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

We almost did, and actually would have if not for the Rams coming along with a better offer.

That's been confirmed by more than one source.

Give your team more credit than that. The only credible source is from either the Panthers or the Lions, and none of this anonymous crap.  

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1