• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brandt needs to give more on QB prospects

top dawg

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

More LSU where Burrow could move..

Again, the system was absolutely the same. Burrow just added an additional weapon with his feet. That's it. I'm not advocating we draft Mac Jones. I'm saying, the claim that he wouldn't do well in our system because he's not a mobile QB is silly. 

6 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Again, the system was absolutely the same. Burrow just added an additional weapon with his feet. That's it. I'm not advocating we draft Mac Jones. I'm saying, the claim that he wouldn't do well in our system because he's not a mobile QB is silly. 

And you want the addition.. The added playbook more options for a play caller.. Makes your offense better then being hamstrung by a Unathletic QB with a okay arm...

You need one or the other a big arm or mobility not having either is career backup traits in today nfl..

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

He is not a running back.  He is a pocket passer who can process better than any other

Also MHS831

You make a lot of statements as facts without support.

Not sure where that came from because anything out there suggests he did very past first reads.

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

So any opinion on a podcast is enough said for you?  If you will agree to that, I have some links I will share with you. You don't know, and you can't admit it.  I admit I don't know, which is why I rely on multiple facts and sources and then include probabilities to conclude that nobody knows for sure--which is why so many QBs bust.  But here we are in March and you have decided who wil bust and who will excel at the next level based on a podcast?

Enough said? 

Hilarious.  You are full of it. 😆  Take care and good luck with that thing you do.

I can put enough links on here that says Mac Jones is not 8 much less first rd but it wouldn’t change ur mind so not worth my time. Like I said he is not going to be our pick no use in arguing over something not happening right?

28 minutes ago, CanePantherHornet said:

It was 50/50 on Cam at best. People were angry over Luke. Said it was a wasted pick and I believe most people wanted Dontari Poe, Fletcher Cox, or Quinten Coples.

Not how I remember it. After the picks were made, most were good with them, or at least were cautiously optimistic. Of course there's always the loudmouths, but they don't speak for everyone!

10 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Not how I remember it. After the picks were made, most were good with them, or at least were cautiously optimistic. Of course there's always the loudmouths, but they don't speak for everyone!

Yeah I never got the 50/50 feel. I remember everyone happy. On the other hand Butler, Benjamin and Thompson was not good and I agree they was all bad picks 

5 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You can't possibly watch Burrow play at LSU in 2019 and try to compare Mac Jones in 2020 to him as an NFL prospect. The stats may match up well, but there's a massive gulf between the two in terms of physical traits.

Other than his running, What? 

His arm is every bit as strong as Burrows', he is every bit as accurate as Burrow, he is able to put plenty of zip on the ball when he needs to, he throws with incredible anticipation and his ball placement is outstanding - often hitting his receivers perfectly in stride, allowing them to maximize RAC, he processes information extremely fast, he is able to identify defenses and understands who his hot reads are, he has shown he can manipulate the defense with both his eyes and body movements, he has a quick release, he maneuvers inside the pocket extremely well, and he rarely makes a wrong decision.

To be honest, his only legitimate negative is his athleticism and running ability.  So, other than that, there's really nothing Burrow has over Jones.   

Everyone is all enamored with the Patrick Mahomes' of the world, the QB's that are good passers, but also exceptional runners.  But as we just learned this past year, that is not necessary in todays NFL to win a Super Bowl.  A high level pocket QB can still win now, despite the myth that you need a QB that excels in off script playmaking. 

• Pie 1