• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This guy from our pro scouting department...

Mr. Scot

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's definitely lost a lot of muscle mass. Anyone holding out on that pipedream of him coming back can go ahead and sit that pipe down. Granted, there weren't many who were that delusional.

I don't think you understand the nature of a "genetic freak". Guys like him if they wanted to could easily add 30 pounds of muscle in a short time with a trainer, a dietician, planned meals, supplements etc. He isn't coming back but if he wanted to be could be jacked in 6 months. Guys like him are not cut from the same cloth as your typical beer drinking cheeseburger lunch break eating office working khaki pants wearing douche nozzle who spouts off crap about his supposed glorified high school football career. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If by "supplements" you mean "steroids" and "short time" you mean the better part of a year then I agree.

Per his own words, Luke retired for health reasons.

Kinda hard to imagine a guy who did that turning around and doing something like this.

• Beer 1

33 minutes ago, YourLastThought said:

I don't think you understand the nature of a "genetic freak". Guys like him if they wanted to could easily add 30 pounds of muscle in a short time with a trainer, a dietician, planned meals, supplements etc. He isn't coming back but if he wanted to be could be jacked in 6 months. Guys like him are not cut from the same cloth as your typical beer drinking cheeseburger lunch break eating office working khaki pants wearing douche nozzle who spouts off crap about his supposed glorified high school football career. 

Good thing you didnt mention cargo shorts...

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If by "supplements" you mean "steroids" and "short time" you mean the better part of a year then I agree.

Luke wasn't on roids. Genetic freaks don't need them. He he used roids he would have been even more swole than when he played. Just a freak plain and simple.  Maybe one on 10,000 are freaks like him or like Julius Peppers, Shannon Sharpe etc..Heck Mccaffrey is a complete freak of nature. Not normal but a perfect storm of a partially genetic freak father who got with a natural athete mother and that cyborg we born. Every idot who likes his chest out as he walks through some weak gym like planet fitness thinks they are genetic freaks but truth is they are just too rare. I've seen guys eat like garbage, nd barely workout that looked like greek gods. It's weird how science works but most of us will never know because we aren't that freakish .0001% of the population who are.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Good thing you didnt mention cargo shorts...

Not one thing wrong with cargo shorts by the way. The multi pockets are a great asset. Have you seen the puss boy shorts that are in style these days? Tight, short and usually some girly color like pink often bought at some "hip swanky" store at the mall. If cargo is out of style it sure beats those wimpy boy shorts they consider to be in style these days.

• Pie 1

9 hours ago, YourLastThought said:

He isn't a genetic freak, he just worked hard at being great at his job. I know people personally that can get yoked and add a bunch of muscle mass like that in a year or less. You just have to be super disciplined and do everything that it takes. Now....none of those guys I know are capable of being an NFL LB. 

It wasn't Luke's ability to carry muscle mass that made him great.

Also, this isn't abnormal. If you look at a lot of the ex-players that were jacked up, a lot of them look smaller because they don't have to spend hours upon hours working out every week for their job. The "genetic freaks" you are talking about are the guys that still stay huge even after they aren't doing 2 a days or spending 20+ hours a week in the gym. 

On 3/12/2021 at 6:12 AM, kungfoodude said:

He isn't a genetic freak, he just worked hard at being great at his job. I know people personally that can get yoked and add a bunch of muscle mass like that in a year or less. You just have to be super disciplined and do everything that it takes. Now....none of those guys I know are capable of being an NFL LB. 

It wasn't Luke's ability to carry muscle mass that made him great.

Also, this isn't abnormal. If you look at a lot of the ex-players that were jacked up, a lot of them look smaller because they don't have to spend hours upon hours working out every week for their job. The "genetic freaks" you are talking about are the guys that still stay huge even after they aren't doing 2 a days or spending 20+ hours a week in the gym. 

Two types of genetic freaks I would classify them at. One the freak that lifts a little and gets NFL middle linebacker huge. The other are the guys who dont touch a weight and look like a bodybuilder. Luke definitely wasnt the freak that Shannon Sharpe was but make no mistake that dude was a genetic freak in his brain could process football like no other, he was one damn big dude to stand up next to at his playing weight and he also could fly on the field. He was a freak but you are right not a Shannon Sharpe type genetic monster. I just wish we had him back in his youth playing again. I didnt realize how much a difference he made till he was gone.

On 3/11/2021 at 6:11 PM, jfra78 said:

No one is going to talk about that suit coat?   Is this a new thing for retires?  Looks nice.

If you watch the video of the ceremony, TD mentions that he had it made by his suit guy.  Wanted to wear the "uniform" 1 more time.

I recommend watching that video.  Worth the time.

• Pie 1

54 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

If you watch the video of the ceremony, TD mentions that he had it made by his suit guy.  Wanted to wear the "uniform" 1 more time.

I recommend watching that video.  Worth the time.

Tepper should get with his suit guy and make it a regular thing for players retiring as a Panther